Ordered a 2015 Trail Hawk

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
So the GF wanted a new car and her's was pretty much a pile of crap when it came off the assembly line (2007 Dodge Caliber w/CVT) so it's no surprise my Escape has held up better despite having twice the miles.

Originally she was looking at a Dart or Avenger but we stumbled across the Trail Hawk. I have always been impressed with these little SUV's and I think they look pretty cool. I know it's love or hate with these things but the TH makes the new Cherokee look badass IMO. After test driving both the V6 and the I4 it was a no brainer.

We ordered a Mango Tango V6 Trail Hawk from Antioch Jeep last Saturday. Should here in 8-12 weeks. We got it for below invoice and traded in the Caliber. I can't wait to hit some trails next spring. Youtube the Trail Hawk, they are pretty capable trail rigs.

Anyways it looks identical to this one.
30kczgo.jpg

Before Carter can beat me to it. :gayy:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Sweet :bigthumb: We have one as a long-term tester and they knocked about $3k off the price without even asking. Many of the problems we've encountered have simply been an issue with early production, plus being a four-cylinder :puke: We've had numerous transmission flashes and I just updated the Uconnect software that fixed a horrible backup camera.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
It does look neat but I think jeep did the Cherokee name wrong by making it a transverse engine vehicle . But if it does get almost 30 mpg the trade off is ok . Most people don't use suv's off road anyways .

What type of 4x4 option did she get I think there's a few .

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
It does look neat but I think jeep did the Cherokee name wrong by making it a transverse engine vehicle . But if it does get almost 30 mpg the trade off is ok . Most people don't use suv's off road anyways .

What type of 4x4 option did she get I think there's a few .

its actually a pretty neat 4x4 system... completely FWD (basically a PTO setup for the rear driveshaft that couples and uncouples from the trans) until you lock in 4x4 - then it can send 90% of the power to the rear wheels - has hill decent assist and all the other cool offroad shit!

Nice buy!

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Picked it up last Thursday. It's a cool little truck. Drives awesome, comfortable and has more than enough power. I'd love to try it out at the badlands or Silver Lake dunes next spring. I like it and the lady loved it. Win/win. Start/Stop is gay though. I turn it off every time I drive it.
photo_zps662c69f9.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info