Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Have always loved the HTR cars. This car is no exception :rofl:

Well in testing for the Jamboree on August 30th, Reece and his Heat Treatments Racing Skyline R32 GTR has reset his own speed record to a huge 198 MPH while running 7.58. This car is the current world record holder for 4WD powered vehicles and judging by this new speed personal best is set to smash it's 7.41 E.T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uz0-DTZRjA

Heres the record run for comparison. This was at 193mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GhjUuxgNB4

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Probably the same as current GTR's (and other awd cars for that matter). Theres basically a control module you can use that puts it in rwd "mode".

Example -

Syvecs Nissan GTR 4WD Controller

However, for the r32, iirc from reading years back, there is a fuse you can pull and you remove the front drive shafts. Id imagine its more electronic related tho with a car such as this.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
This obviously hasnt been updated to reflect its latest time but this is a cliff note version of the car...

DRIVER - Reece McGregor

MODEL - NZ Built by HTL: Nissan R32 GTR, "Worlds Fastest Skyline"

ENGINE - GTR/HTL 6 CYL single turbo, June head, HKS Cams, Motec, Dry sump unit - Methanol fuel - 1500+ HP, 7500 - 10,000 RPM

TRANSMISSION - Liberty 5 Spd with adjustable shift pressures for each gear. Fitted with an air shifter and air bottle, button on the shifter post for gear changing.

3RD MEMBER - GTR/HTL custom diff housings, spools and drive shafts.

SHOCKS/STRUTS - Koni coil overs front and rear.

WHEELS/TYRES - Bogart Racing Rims - Goodyear slicks.

CARBON FIBRE - Doors - Dash - Seats

OTHER FACTS - 5 point harness and Race pro seat - Lexan window all round - Quick release steering wheel - Alloy fuel tank - Painted in custom ice white paint - Alloy radiator and Jags Ice box, Air brushed head lights, blinkers and rear tail lights. 2 x Chutes...

FUEL SYSTEM - USA EFI pump Best E.T. - 7.57 s @ 190.7 mph - Holder of the World`s Fastest Skyline title...

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
photo.JPG

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
Interesting how at a certain point (7's) awd becomes worse for drag racing than rwd. If you have enough tire that is. When you consider the World record is only this.

I had the very same observation. mid 8sec to high 10s AWD works very well and is very stable. Under 8 sec, it looks very sketchy vs a similar well dialed in tubed out RWD with four link suspension.

My thoughts on this is we are talking about 2 different types of cars. Look at the size of tires on the Skyline and put those rear tires on a RWD car. Think it's going to be faster ? more stable. I doubt it.

Cars that are quicker than this run massive tires tall and wide tires in the back.
At one point the front end is so light in front the AWD part just adds weight to the car.

The goal of my car was never to run 7s. My first goal was low 10s on bone stock parts that are dirt cheap. Then when I reached my goal was too easily I set my eyes on deep 9 and maybe 8s later.

This AWD monster of a Skyline is really just made to break the AWD record. I'm sure the owner could go quicker in a full RWD conversion at the power level he's at right now. But he'd have to change the car's look extensively with the massive tires.

What's cool about this Skyline is the fact it has a fairly stock look to it with normal size tires. Very cool...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info