2014 Passat TDI.... Yes or no?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I stopped in at a VW dealer today for the hell of it and took a loaded out 2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium out for a drive and I do like the car. Just tossing the idea of trading the Accord for one of these right now because they are offering 0% for 60 month on the VW's till the end of the month.

I am just looking for some VW advice from anyone with experience with a VW as I know nothing about these cars.
[MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION]

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I love the Passat TDI. I think the upper trims only come with an auto but I drove a manual SE from Chicago to Washington DC on a single tank of fuel and sill had a ton of range left. Massive backseat and trunk, rides like a cushy luxury car too. Not at all sporty though.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
That's about what I got from the test drive too. I don't know how maintenance with these cars of if there are any major common issues that I may encounter.

The first few things that would need to be done are window tint, lowering and 20 inch wheels asap.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
We love our Beetle TDI. Guy at work has a Passat TDI and is thinking about buying a second one.

As for maintenance the Diesel has 10k oil changes, 20k fuel filter changes and if you get the DSG (auto) it has 40k services that are kinda pricey, even if you do them yourself.

MPGs are excellent, and diesel prices don't go up and down much so it is nice to always be paying about the same.

http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/516/2013_Passat_TDI.pdf

I recommend Dave from Orland VW, he was a great salesman.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Smug i love my 13 jetta tdi dsg, cant get under 40mpg for a tank and its got plenty of room for 4 adults and their stuff

I'd recommend a jetta with sun/sound and save 10k over that passat you are looking at, same upgrades and features, just no push button and other bs stuff

Not sure if you want auto/dsg or manual

If you want an great price on a new tdi PM me and ill give you the sales guy info i got mine from in PA, sells TDI cars under invoice before even throwing in vw offers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info