My brother's Lightning

Altma

Apr 27, 2009
My brother isn't much into posting, but I since we're finally getting things sorted on this truck after a couple years of it being down, thought I'd post a little bit about it.

lightning.jpg

Here's how it currently sits.

My brother actually has 2 2002 Lightnings. Black one in the back of the pic too. We didn't like the hood on the silver one, and the corner was chipped, so we decided the Cervini's looked a lot better. Probably will end up changing the paint around (basic flip), and get black stripes down it, but I don't think it looks too bad like this.

351 Stroker
2.6 Kenne Bell
Running on about 18lbs

Going to get retuned here in a couple weeks due to stupid new Airteam rules. Tried to get it done last weekend, and it got rejected.

Once it's licensed, it'll be out on the road a lot more.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Truck looks awesome…

Can someone elaborate on the new emissions laws in Il? Can you no longer just set everything to "no report" and pass?

Tuners used to be able to turn off certain systems in the tune that would read as "Not Supported" and you could pass emissions. When I took my Cobra in for emissions over 2 years ago I was failed because I had too many systems read "Not Supported". I am not sure what the cutoff is for number of systems that can be "Not Supported" and still pass.

Altma

Apr 27, 2009
Thanks guys, went out for a little cruise with it last night, the truck pulls really hard. My brother is just going to keep it on 93 for now. With 104 and pully swap, he could go up to 22-24lbs of boost, and then it would really be mean, but wouldn't be as safe, so for now 18 will do.

As for the Emissions, they're looking for Cat Converter Efficiency and O2 sensors - if they're not reporting, the test gets rejected.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info