Cars under 10k for a college student

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Hey all, I know there have been various threads in the past about buying cars around such and such price and what not, but here's another. My brother is going away to college soon (7-hour drive away roughly) and needs something used, reliable, mid size? And under 10k..

I know P71s are good options and a clean one could be had much cheaper, I'm just shying away from anything RWD as he has never driven RWD and will be going to school in Omaha NE so as far as I know the weather is similar to us.

Anyways I was kind of looking at 9C1 Impala's but I don't know much about the 3.9 engine besides it's derived from the 3.5 and uses the 4t65e.

I'm just drawing a blank, maybe something like a Honda Accord around 07 or so? Just looking at something with decent gas mileage and reliable.

Thoughs?

Thanks
-Nic

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
My ancient 96 maxima got me to and from college with ease and got 25-26mpg. VQ motor is pretty bulletproof and it had enough room to let me move out of the dorms with everything in my car if I made sure to bring home some of the bulky winter stuff during spring break.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Thanks guys, been hangin around the wbody platform, so I'm glad to see some of you throwing it out there. Was even looking for a LaCrosse. A buddy picked one up, base model 06 with 60k miles for 6k, from the original 80yr old owner.

I would personally love to have another modded Grand Prix but it's not for me.. I'm still working on getting my turbo stuff swapped onto my car!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info