New Wheel Options (cookie cutter 5.0 content)

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I am looking into getting some new wheels for my Mustang. I don't want black wheels or dark gray ones at all. I have the Sterling Gray Metallic color and I want something in either a lighter metallic type silver, or even a darker silver would be somewhat OK (depends). I am not against chrome or shiny wheels, but I am not a flashy person. I really enjoy the way the factory metallic silver wheels look color wise on my car.

As much as 18's are nice to get some serious rubber on them, I want something bigger on this car as the 18's look a bit tiny. If I want to take the car to the track, I will will get track dedicated wheels/tires. I feel the new 5.0's look perfect with 19's, but tires are expensive and it is hard to find good performance tire options. 20's usually don't appeal to me, but shit do they look nice on these cars. It looks like there is enough room for a decent amount of rubber on them as well. I wouldn't have to worry about destroying the wheels in pot holes or anything dumb like that and there are pretty decent performance tire options with 20's. I like the 20x9 with a 30mm offset for the front as that seems to fit perfect. The rear I am unsure of.

With all that said, here are a couple of designs that I really enjoy. If anyone has any opinions, other options, or their own personal favorite....post that shit up! Just no black or dark gray stuff (even though I am about to lol).

Avant Garde Satin Silver 20's...This is on a white car, and the rear offset it too much IMO. I don't want the tires sticking out past the fenders at all but the rears do on this one. This guy also put these wheels on his SGM 5.0 and to me I can't stop drooling. Needs a bit more tire IMO.

Here is his white car with a bunch of photos
12 TVS Stang Slideshow by StangLife12 | Photobucket

Here are the same wheels on his SGM
Garde%2020%27%27%205.0%202.jpg

Garde%2020%27%27%205.0%201.jpg

Some other wheels that I wish I could photoshop silver.

avant%20garde%205.0%203.jpg

avant%20m310%205.0.jpg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Wife also said first ones looks dumb lol. The more I look at them, the more I do kinda agree. The second ones look pretty sweet. I can't find a pic of them on a SGM 5.0 that are silver. Anyone good with photoshop?

there are still a lot of wheels I need to look through though. I am a picky dude when it comes to mods (this is why it has taken me forever to mod this car). I really want to buy a set of wheels that look and function fantastic that I fall in love with. I am not sure how much these weigh, but I do not want a heavy set of wheels. I want something light and sporty...preferably lighter than stock.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I am afraid the scond option (M310's) look like every other American muscle rim out there. I really don't want to get something that is the same as everyone else. I am going to keep looking here and try to find some other options to post up and think about.
you bought a Mustang brother. everyone has done everything. do what you like and be happy lol

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I forgot about these. I had them saved on my computer from SVTP a while ago. [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] should do these if I don't. I love the fit on these! The VMB7's are pretty much the same as the black Avant ones posted above and also look sharp. These Velgens weight about 1-2lbs more than my stock 18's though. I doubt there are many 20's, which don't cost a stupid amount, that weigh less.

Velgen VMB5 20x9+35 // 20x10.5+45

velgen1.jpg

velgen2.jpg

velgen4.jpg

velgen3.jpg

velgen5.jpg

Silver VMB5's

velgen%20VMB5%20silver.jpg

Silver VMB7's

velgen%20VMB7%20silver.jpg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
you bought a Mustang brother. everyone has done everything. do what you like and be happy lol

Meh, I don't entirely agree with that but I get what you are saying. I kept my car wingless which you don't see often. Headlights are completely custom made and are pretty much one of a kind. A lot of the compliments I have received from around here are about how clean and simple the car is, yet has tasteful mods and doesn't look like all the others.

Edit: I realize looking different is pretty much impossible with Mustangs. All of the 5.0's I see around here have almost the exact same shit done to them (which isn't bad if that is what they want). Your point of doing what you like that makes you happy is well taken.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
I went through this over the winter. Not saying it's the way to go but I went with CF10's from Forgestar in black graphite. One of the main reasons I went with them was to get an offset that worked. I will say that I am not thrilled about the final finish on them but not horrible. Good luck as it's hard as hell to pick out wheels.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I think these are SVE Drift wheels, they are 'fairly common' as they are only like $115 each per rim. I'm a big fan, would love to put them on my 5.0. (Pic below is 18's I think)

A big reason why I am not leaning toward these is because they are so common and a lot of different wheel companies make almost this exact style of wheel. They do look good on the 5.0's, but I am looking for something just a bit different.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
AMR, SVE, Forgestar, and the SVT wheels all have that design.

More companies than that make them. All are slightly difference in the spoke shape and varying differences in if the are concave or flat. But ya, that design is on almost every 2010+ I see.

Nothing like spending $2K on wheels and having everyone confusing your rims with the $100 versions. hahaha Like below

I think these are SVE Drift wheels, they are 'fairly common' as they are only like $115 each per rim. I'm a big fan, would love to put them on my 5.0. (Pic below is 18's I think)

165995d1351615024-choose-sve-drifts-forgestar-cf5-gunmetal-wheels-mustang-wheels-2.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info