Jan 21, 2008
Please share their wisdom.
here
Scott Nixonturbo-prius
31 minutes ago
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Go to permalink
Nope, I'm right there with you. I'd rather have a C5 or C6 Corvette. Plus I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I bought one. I fully disagree with reason number 1, it sounds horrible. A straight piped Subaru sounds better.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Please share their wisdom.

I guess I'm the only one on earth who doesn't find these attractive.

Fast and the Furious pretty much ruined them forever in my opinion.

You are not alone. We are just not supposed to speak up and break peoples rose tinted fast and furious glasses.

No, you're not. The author says they're "timeless". I say they're generic. One of the most uninspired sports car designs ever - in other words, the Camry of sports cars.

Seriously. They're just a bit too boy racer-ish for my tastes. Undoubtedly a fine car, but I find them hopelessly dull (sadly, like so many other Toyotas).

Nope, I'm right there with you. I'd rather have a C5 or C6 Corvette. Plus I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I bought one. I fully disagree with reason number 1, it sounds horrible. A straight piped Subaru sounds better.

5 reasons not to buy a MkIV Supra

1. Fast n' Furious Tax

2. Every Civic Hatchback on cut springs with holes in the bumper will aggressively try to race you.

3. Fast n' Furious Tax

4. Everyone will look down on you for not making 800+whp.

5. Fast n' Furious Tax

ec9cea01fb0952a6aed7322f998f3293a8ec2470bcd720141d831c26e959556e.jpg

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I will actually agree with the notion that this will be one of the vehicles that people will buy in 20 years as a nostalgic performance car, along with a few others like the Sy/Tys, Grand Nationals, Impy SS/wagon (they may be considered a "slow" car these days, but it was the 80s and 90s) as well as stuff like the Terminators. No they won't always be the fastest but there will be a following. Right now I'd probably pick up a clean lower milage GN or "T" just because they're going to get harder to come by, and the market seems to be bottoming out on them a bit. I've even seen a few on CL for less than 10K. I don't see MK-IVs going much of anywhere in a value standpoint. My buddy had a 67 billet on his 2JZ Lex and made 690 to the wheels, it puked the rods out at around 800 to the wheels. He then stuck a built motor in it (old short block was just some ARP bolts in the rods) and made 1100 on a billet 82 on E85. Boosted cars+E85 means absurd power is easy to make, provided you have enough compressor and fuel system.

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
The 90's brought on an "awakening" in performance finally. The Supra certainly was one of the cars to do that. I would vote for the RX-7 and 2nd Gen MR2 also. Let me also suggest looking at the C4 ZR-1s. Even properly modified, they are ridiculously inexpensive(20's) and the LT-5 is bulletproof. Definitely more of a DIY project, but a strong and supportive owner community.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info