Aftermarket Keyless entry/remote start systems

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
So learn me some aftermarket keyless entry/remote start systems. The Crown Vic has power locks, but no fob, and more than likely doesn't have the harness for a Ford system. So I'm just going to try to go aftermarket. Honestly really only want the keyless entry, and really don't need/want a remote start, but if the price is right around the same, why not just get the remote/start too. Don't need anything fancy, like the 3" LCD screen fob or anything. Just need a fob with buttons.

Are there company/companies that I should only get? Any company I should stay away from?

How hard is this to do myself? Should I just leave it to a professional?

Thanks for the help guys

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
DEI systems ftw.
I put an avital 2 way remote start/door lock setup on the gf's Camry (made by directed electronics) that was in sale for $120.
There's a website that tells you what wires to splice into, what color they are, and where to find said wires along with a ton of other useful info. It was pretty straight forward, just a lot of time under the dash. I'll see if I still have it fav'd when I get home
Does your vic have PATS? (antitheft)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
DEI systems ftw.
I put an avital 2 way remote start/door lock setup on the gf's Camry (made by directed electronics) that was in sale for $120.
There's a website that tells you what wires to splice into, what color they are, and where to find said wires along with a ton of other useful info. It was pretty straight forward, just a lot of time under the dash. I'll see if I still have it fav'd when I get home

this is what i had... i didn't install it just because i wanted to be able to yell at someone if it was ever fucked up :rofl:

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
DEI systems ftw.

Amazon.com : Avital 4103LX Remote Start System with Two 4-Button Remote : Vehicle Remote Start : Car Electronics

How about this one?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info