Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Looking for folks who have run both or one or the other. Looks like I can get either in a 19 (I have since been corrected) and while its still not going to be optimal in that size, its gonna be better than what I have now.

I dont know why, but I always thought the Street IIs were garbage, but reading around, maybe not?

Sooo looking for opinions.

I wanted to pick up the R888s but Toyo has told me they are 30-60 days out from even going into production again so they can eat shit.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
I have run both. Both will hook up at the track and do well on the street. Well maybe not at the 1K hp you make.:jg:

I liked the II's because I got some thoughts in my head that it with the extra tread if I got caught in the rain it would be better at gettign the water out of the tire.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
That web site is wrong. The largest size the original ET street radial comes in is a 275/40/17. Anything in a 19" size is a II. Same compound just a different tread. The only reason people say the II is shit is because they get a smaller sidewall and that effects traction.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info