Is your "fun" car also your daily driver?

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
I love my Grand National and all but have recently got the bug to get a car that I can drive whenever. I rarely drive the GN having out only for car shows or taking it to the track. I don't drive it in the rain, don't take it out if there is a chance of rain, and am now even feeling guilty since I'm putting more miles on it this year than I did last year. I know most would say just drive it and not worry but since the car is low miles and original paint I have a hard time doing it.

I've toyed with the idea of a C6 Z06 to replace it or something similar. I don't drive far for work but love the idea of hopping in it and going wherever. A good example was my friend's wedding in MN this past weekend. I ended up taking my truck and not the bike because there was a chance of rain. I'd love to be able to just hop in my "fun" car and drive it wherever and probably getting better gas mileage than I do in my truck.

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
Truck FTW. It's my "fun car" because it hauls my "fun toys" around. ATV's, sleds, and boats (when I had it) can't move themselves!

The only reason I keep my truck is because I have a snowmobile and don't want to trailer it everywhere in the winter. The obvious thing to do would be to get rid of the truck but I won't unless I quit snowmobiling... which I've thought about too. it is an expensive fucking hobby since I only ride in the UP of Michigan and out west.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The only reason I keep my truck is because I have a snowmobile and don't want to trailer it everywhere in the winter. The obvious thing to do would be to get rid of the truck but I won't unless I quit snowmobiling... which I've thought about too. it is an expensive fucking hobby since I only ride in the UP of Michigan and out west.

snowmobiling is one of the dumbest most expensive hobbies/sports you can have but holy fuck is it one of the most fun.

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
The truck is the fun vehicle. It's not the fastest thing on the road, but it sure surprises a few people. It is very reliable right now and I debating on getting rid of it or taking it to the next level. I wouldn't mind a small German SUV for a daily driver. Like a Q5 3.0t or a X3 xDrive35i. Something that combines speed, comfort and utility.

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
snowmobiling is one of the dumbest most expensive hobbies/sports you can have but holy fuck is it one of the most fun.

Especially when you have that one awesome snow day with 3 feet of fresh powder. :fy: It always sucks me in for another season.

powder day.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info