Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
This is a last year post but I never saw it. Why the hell am I wasting my time with an import again? :rofl:

First 6 speed Corvette in the 8s! Woot Woot! - Corvette Forum

Engine

Stock shortblock 427, minus Mahle forged pistons (Assembled by me)
BTR Camshaft
Stock Heads ported by BTR/WCCH
Fast 102MM intake manifold port matched by BTR
Stock TB Ported by BTR
Electric water pump

Drivetrain

Stock suspension, rear, transmission,
Gm used C5 axle shafts
Mcleod twin disc clutch

Nitrous

Nitrous Outlet Race kit (single nozzle)
currently a .078 jet (200 hp)

Weight reduction

removed passenger seat
removed catback

Tires

315/35/17 Hoosier Drag radials on Weld RTS wheels

Tuned by - Daniel Goodrich (Thanks buddy!)

LEo8s0t.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlS_0xTRYjM

aFhngEq.jpg

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
That LS7 clutch is a time bomb. Hope he has a scatter shield... I seen his post on CF a while back... inspires me to throw juice on my car and catch a 8 second pass lol... Only thing that confuses me about that car is either he is lying and has a gear or he short shifts like a mother fucker for some reason. Because he went through 4 gears pretty quickly in that car... I know a 200 shot is going to bring his R's up faster and he is trapping 161 but the shifts seemed early and the motor didnt seem like it ran all the way up in the RPM band... idk

My guess is he is running 390 gears. On a stock z those are the equivalent of about 50rwhp....... or about 75 rwhp on a hci car. Agree about the clutch.
Without the pistons, nitrous, and wheels the build can easily be done for less than 10k. Hell, Katech does hci with long tubes for like 6k depending on the head setup you go with, that and gears and it will suprise a lot of people, who should actually probably win. The c6z is full of win and lots of fun, imo. Fucker can drive too, lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info