recommend me a body shop

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
maybe check out KDX then.

[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] & [MENTION=239]Turk[/MENTION] and some of the other shocker racing guys have gone there... and i love what they did to my gtp.

I was thinking about using KDX a while ago and started looking at some of his work at local car shows. I found a few things that changed my mind on considering him. Maybe the people didn't want to pay the money for perfection but it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I was thinking about using KDX a while ago and started looking at some of his work at local car shows. I found a few things that changed my mind on considering him. Maybe the people didn't want to pay the money for perfection but it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

This is sort of contradictory in itself... not to mention, how would you even fully know what work kdx did on what cars?

What things in particular?

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
this is sort of contradictory in itself... not to mention, how would you even fully know what work he did on what cars?

Well, the two cars I saw had KDX stickers on their windows.... and I know a friend of one of the owners.

I have no idea how this shop operates. The one my friend said he didn't want perfection or to pay the money (I'm just repeating what he said) but the other one was a trim piece that should have been removed in my opinion. The paint itself looked good on both and the only things I noticed were both in areas that had been taped.

I'm not saying he doesn't do go work; I'm just saying the two cars I saw with stickers weren't "perfect".

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I can understand you being cautious with your car but at the same time, you really don't seem to be giving the shop a fair chance at all.

I would trust KDX to paint anything and everything I brought them and have and so have many people on here- including as I said, [MENTION=239]Turk[/MENTION], [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION], and others, with fantastic results.

Not to mention you may be potentially steering people away from a great shop, based on a "bad taste" left in your mouth, just from viewing a vehicle with a KDX sticker... who knows if KDX even worked on said car.

Check out [MENTION=239]Turk[/MENTION]'s R8's carbon fiber blades next time you are out at lukes and look at them close as the carbon on there shines incredibly well now after kdx took care of them with no peel in them, as well as no dust or specs in the paint.

If one of the cars you saw, wasn't perfect, and the owner as you said yourself, didn't want "perfect" work, I see no problem here as well.

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
I can understand you being cautious with your car but at the same time, you really don't seem to be giving the shop a fair chance at all.

I would trust KDX to paint anything and everything I brought them and have and so have many people on here- including as I said, [MENTION=239]Turk[/MENTION], [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION], and others, with fantastic results.

Not to mention you may be potentially steering people away from a great shop, based on a "bad taste" left in your mouth, just from viewing a vehicle with a KDX sticker... who knows if KDX even worked on said car.

Check out [MENTION=239]Turk[/MENTION]'s R8's carbon fiber blades next time you are out at lukes and look at them close as the carbon on there shines incredibly well now after kdx took care of them with no peel in them, as well as no dust or specs in the paint.

Duly noted. Again, I wasn't bashing KDX but simply stating what I noticed and that daturbosix should pay particular attention to these areas if looking at a car they painted.

If you ever see the silver and red mid 80's Mustang I'm referring too take a look at the trim around the sunroof. It is on his Facebook page so I have to assume he painted. it.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i went to kdx.

1796669_10202667870355342_3500250442802964920_n.jpg

10343001_10202667871355367_8344897935522200170_n.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Country Side Customs in Warrenville does great work. They may be on the higher end of the price spectrum. They do crash work, to restorations to custom show cars. They have been there forever.

COUNTRYSIDE CUSTOMS

A lot of us at work, as well as our customers, use Teds Body & Paint in Aurora. They do it all as well. Ted is a huge car guy. He has a large collection of old drag cars, muscle cars and classics. They might be more reasonably priced. 2178 Bilter Rd, Aurora, IL 60502 Phone 630-851-2648 Tell him Mike @ D&R Classic gave you his number.

Good luck

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Country Side Customs in Warrenville does great work. They may be on the higher end of the price spectrum. They do crash work, to restorations to custom show cars. They have been there forever.

COUNTRYSIDE CUSTOMS

A lot of us at work, as well as our customers, use Teds Body & Paint in Aurora. They do it all as well. Ted is a huge car guy. He has a large collection of old drag cars, muscle cars and classics. They might be more reasonably priced. 2178 Bilter Rd, Aurora, IL 60502 Phone 630-851-2648 Tell him Mike @ D&R Classic gave you his number.

Good luck

Countryside Customs does good work and had good customer service. They did my wife's G37 last year after it was rear ended. It came out great and they detailed the car. Vogz has used them a lot as well.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007

COUNTRYSIDE CUSTOMS

Good luck

I want to get the cobra looking good aurora is close to me. Thanks mike.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info