Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
and the XTS V-sport for good measure.

I'm sure it's sitting on a lot more conservative factory tune to make sure that drivetrain lasts. It's still a front wheel drive based system isn't it?

The V Sport CTS is just obnoxious. It still tips the scales at just under 4000lbs too so it's not a heavy car. Out of the box it makes the same horsepower I make with a tune.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
other mid-sized luxury sedans with 420hp that cost less.

go!

I'm assuming the 70k price tag was as tested with some extra options. For less you get the best: BMW 550i $63,900 with some room to buy more options. 445hp twin turbo V8. The V-Sport starts at 60k though. So the arguably much better 550i, the flagship of the entire executive level sedan market is a mere $4000 more. That's trouble for GM.

I might see 1 CTS for every 100 new face lifted 2014 5 series I see and there's a reason for that. People won't pay the same money for a Cadillac as a BMW or an Audi.

If you're going to compete with Audi, BMW and Mercedes you either need to offer a substantially better all around product for the same price or you need to offer the same product for substantially less. Nobody will pay the same amount for a Cadillac that they would for the equivalent BMW because it's "just as good" or even marginally better. This car is incredibly bad-ass but it's up against some steep competition. I'd go with the 550i over this without batting an eye and it's not because I'm a BMW fanboy.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Car and Driver magazine hustled the Vsport from a stop to 60 m.p.h. in 4.4 seconds, achieved 0.97 g’s of tire grip on a skid pad and brought the Caddy from 70 m.p.h. to a halt in just 149 feet. Those are all numbers more in line with a sports car than a two-ton luxury sedan

that's a hell of a lot of performance for a $59,000 luxury car.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
I'm assuming the 70k price tag was as tested with some extra options. For less you get the best: BMW 550i $63,900 with some room to buy more options. 445hp twin turbo V8. The V-Sport starts at 60k though. So the arguably much better 550i, the flagship of the entire executive level sedan market is a mere $4000 more. That's trouble for GM.

I might see 1 CTS for every 100 new face lifted 2014 5 series I see and there's a reason for that. People won't pay the same money for a Cadillac as a BMW or an Audi.

If you're going to compete with Audi, BMW and Mercedes you either need to offer a substantially better all around product for the same price or you need to offer the same product for substantially less. Nobody will pay the same amount for a Cadillac that they would for the equivalent BMW because it's "just as good" or even marginally better. This car is incredibly bad-ass but it's up against some steep competition. I'd go with the 550i over this without batting an eye and it's not because I'm a BMW fanboy.

Ninja edit!

How is it better? The BMW costs more and performs less. I think Caddy hit the target. It's no secret they put BMW in their sites in 08. I'll be honest, it's refreshing to even think an American sedan is FINALLY putting up numbers to shake up the Germans.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Cadillac did a great job with the car's dynamics and exceeding expectations of how a Cadillac can drive. I think CUE is a mess, though. It's not only is the command center for media controls but also the climate system and how drivers interact with the car. It's a flimsy control stack that takes up a lot of real estate and looks and feels awful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info