DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
Avgas comes in 3 types:
Jet A
Mogas
100LL

I believe the Mogas is lead-free and the 100LL is low grade lead. Jet A would be for turbine engines.

Anyone ever run any of these fuels in their race/daily driven engines? Model airplanes/helicopters? Recreational vehicles?

Would these fuels have any adverse effects on say a street/race motor driven car/truck/bike? Carbureted/FI.

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
I know if you run leaded fuel you also can't use synthetic oil cause it doesn't break down very well and will cause problems. The mogas I guess from what I think I understood from what I read, is a non-leaded fuel for aircraft because of the lead restrictions these days, basically automotive fuel but no ethanol content and dyed for tax purposes also comes in different octane ratings. The leaded stuff the older planes like cessna's and such can get away with using it.

Looks like theirs other av fuels but these 3 are available locally from my research.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I've burned hundreds of gallons of 100LL av gas.....In a Cessna. ;)

I wouldn't run it in a car. It's a little over $6 a gallon around here last time I checked, and it's a pain in the ass to get(at least for a car). It's roughly the same price to just go to a gas station with real race gas...and easier to obtain.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
137050d1313312006-always-off-topic-gang-retard.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info