Towing Capacity on 2006 Tahoe PPV

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I cannot find anything anywhere, maybe you guys know a better place. Dad is looking to pull a smaller trailer, and was looking at an '06 Tahoe PPV. I know the '07+ body style PPV's say no towing, but there is seemingly no info on the <'06 models. I've seen one, for sale ad, that lists an '06 PPV at 7700 lbs, but I don't know how much I trust it. Trailer Life doesn't have a listing, in '06 for a PPV Tahoe. Is there another source I should try?

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
The Tahoe in question....

http://www.chicagomotors.info/2467/2006-Chevrolet-Tahoe-2WD

thumbImg.php

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Is the installed hitch aftermarket?

Looks like yes is the answer.

Get the rpo codes and look up the rear end gear ratio.

GVWR - vehicle curb weight gives you payload capacity. Which includes tongue weight.

6400-5000= 1400lbs of humans, cargo, and/or tongue weight.

I have googled the shit out of this and usually run into no, or very low weight but nothing factual you can lean on.

PPV is not a tow vehicle. Get a regular hoe, like Skeezers to tow.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
Gearing, tire rating, spring rates etc.

I'm sure a small utility trailer would be fine, I'd keep it under 200/2,000# total though which is about the most a non brake utility trailer can handle.

I know what's makes up the ratings... I just figured a ppv vehicle would almost have better gearing/tires... Guess not...

You know... Cop socks, cop brakes, cop suspension, pack of cigarettes, and sunglass?

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Those are things of the past now.... Sadly

Stock as fuck with a few upgrades for cooling, reliability and mpgs.

They know towing is hard on a vehicle and probably don't want to deal with a ppv that gets beaten on all day being driven hard and pulling 5k lbs.

My local pd has a silverado to tow the signs and boat we own. We are pretty much all tahoe ppvs too.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I don't think the NBS 00-06 trucks have gearing that is quite as high as the NNBS trucks but I cannot find any good info. Hence checking the RPO codes.

But in the end even if it has 3.73s I still would shy away from a big load.

A truck without the rating is a problem for you if you get in an accident or pulled over.

Just my 3 cents

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info