Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
i have a 04 Jeep grand cherokee laredo 4x4 that i have been DD, but have been looking for something else. my jeep has 287K miles on it, but only 80K on the engine. the jeep has nothing wrong with the exterior, interior, engine/trans. it does need shocks/springs all the way around though.

I have always like a cleaned p71 in any color except for white. i posted my jeep on craigslist and a guy replied with a 2001 P71. 94k miles, new tires, new started, mint exterior and clean interior. i haven't seen the car in person though but he sent me a ton of pictures. He says the only thing it needs is new rotors.

according to KBB, the p71 books for $2500, where as the jeep books for 4600 (with the 280k miles) no i don't think i will ever actually get 4600 out of it, but im wondering TCG opinions. keep the jeep, or trade for the Vic?

rwxugs5.jpg

dJZoT79.jpg

pfg6kQT.jpg

lCZilbY.jpg

IqzvLv0.jpg

ghGExJG.jpg

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
You want to go '06 or newer on the P71's, but my vote is P71, but I'm a little biased because I'm probably buy one this weekend... :s00ls:

Reason for 06 or newer?

And I thought 94k was pretty good, I haven't seen many with less miles around here. And hell , it only has 94k miles but has probably ran as long as my jeep.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Reason for 06 or newer?

And I thought 94k was pretty good, I haven't seen many with less miles around here. And hell , it only has 94k miles but has probably ran as long as my jeep.

Standard on the 2006 is a redesigned instrument cluster, which now sports an analog speedometer, tachometer, digital odometer with hour meter and trip meter features, and cross-compatibility with the civilian version's various features (these are normally locked out, but can be accessed through wiring modification). Kevlar-lined front doors, which might be useful as protective barriers during gunfights, are optional on the Crown Victoria Police Interceptors for the 2006 Model Year. Also introduced in 2006, for P70/P72 Commercial Heavy Duty models and P71 Police Interceptor models is a 17" steel wheel, replacing the previous 16" wheels, plus new flat gray wheel covers rather than chromed wheel covers as in previous years.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Reason for 06 or newer?

'06 and newer have the updated gauge cluster with tach (some people say to stay away from '06s and '07s because the odometers like to go out but whatever. '06+ also has the most updated and powerful engine. I believe it's rated at 250 HP (in these you need all you can get..) because of some tuning and Marauder style intake tube and airbox with an integrated 80mm MAF. Plus I believe the '01s have terrible tunes from the factory, and can benefit from just a ECU swap from a later model.

Thread Info