What cars haven't stood the test of time?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
There are some cars that even with age still manage to look amazing. The E46 M3, E39 5 series and of course the last Gen Mazda RX7. Then there are others that you look at and wonder who thought they looked good even at the time. I'll get the list started. Add your own below.

The early year non Carrera, non Turbo 996 911's look awkward and eggy. The interior, which takes quality cues from early 90's GM vehicles doesn't help the cause much. Hard plastics abound and they have a tendency to creak even when parked and shut off.

5634860001_large.jpg

1999_Porsche_Carrera_interior.jpg

I used to be madly in love with the Mercedes CL. Now I find them to look awkward and gangly. The body appears to be too long and the roof looks like it should be a hard top convertible but it's not. To make it a little more absurd, their resale value is so low that most of the people that buy them are trying to "ball on a budget" and they customize them to the point where when you see a CL you just look at it as a cheap car, kind of like when you see an early 2000's S class.

It's reasons like this a 500hp CL600 will often cost you less money than a 2003+ Mustang Cobra.

503419986a_640.jpg

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Folks, delusion is the only thing that makes you think any mid-90's GM truck has aged gracefully. You want to toss an late 80's Suburban at me, something that still had some lines and hips and fine, you got me but a mid-90's Suburban or Tahoe? It's a box with an ugly front end. The only people that did it worse was Ford with the 96+ F150.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Folks, delusion is the only thing that makes you think any mid-90's GM truck has aged gracefully. You want to toss an late 80's Suburban at me, something that still had some lines and hips and fine, you got me but a mid-90's Suburban or Tahoe? It's a box with an ugly front end. The only people that did it worse was Ford with the 96+ F150.

I'll agree with this.

i dislike 88-98 gm trucks visually and 92-99 gm suv's... for sure.

but 87> trucks and 91> suv's :wackit:

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
and c5's... and fbody's... and grand national's... and c4's.. but mainly zr1's... and seville's and 98+ devilles... and etc etc etc etc. dumb argument is dumb.

Fc9AfIz.jpg

So compare that out of the shit load of models and versions of cars and the millions made that are garbage and like I said, very few exceptions. C4s are door stops. ZR1 is the only one worth a shit. G bodies and T-types, exception. C5, exception. 4th gen F bodies, exception. So as I said. Few exceptions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info