navistar

Red Alert

Addict
Aug 10, 2012
A couple years ago they were going to eliminate all manufacturing from their facility in melrose park and send it south for cheaper labor. I also seen some plans where they were going to completely change that whole facility that included a test track... Maybe they've scraped that idea idk. One thing is for certain, that basement is creepy as fuck. It's like something out of a horror movie.

Navistar's Melsrose Park facility has a small test track. When they shut down the Indiana facility all the testing went to MP. It is a pretty cool place, I was given a tour last summer when I was an intern.

Body Development Lab— which runs such tests as frontal impact, roof strength, seat-pull
Shaker Test Lab—which can test and run up to four truck cab assemblies
Hot and Cold Chamber—tests at temperatures of -40°F to 130°F
Corrosion Lab-- contains a ‘full vehicle’ chamber
Engine Dyno Testing-- 50 engine test cells
Climatic Wind Tunnel
Noise/Vibration/Harshness Test Lab

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Is Navistar related to Honda in some way?

No, honda used to own honda of American in east liberty Ohio but recently sold it to TRC (transportation research center) which they now rent buildings out to customers. If you google earth TRC in east liberty Ohio, you can see the test track. It looks pretty wicked from over head. 2 or 3 miles long oval track with the same amount of banking as Dayton.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info