Help me choose my next car

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
So I've had the Dart for like 8 months now and I'm bored of it, as I get bored of every car after 6 months or so :rofl:.

Criteria...The cheaper the better, looking to stay around $25k. Prefer 4dr, but coupes still are in the running. Manual or Auto, don't care, leaning more toward Auto though because lately I've been annoyed with stick...

So far I've thrown around the idea of a 2012+ Mustang GT, 2013+ Genesis Coupe, 2012 G25x, however I have not had the time to test drive any of these, so I can't even say that I like any of them. Looking for some ideas for a DD that would still have some zip to it when I need it.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
No shame in an auto 5.0.

Screw the Genesis coupe.

G25 AWD is a turd and mileage isn't much worse than the G37. Just get a G37 if you want a G sedan.

Consider Optima Turbo or 2012+ V6 Accord. Turbo Regal (GS or non-GS Turbo) is also a pretty decent ride.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Coupe uses the old turbo engine. It's powerful but sounds like a box of rocks rolling around under the hood. V6 is better, though I'd still take an FR-S/BRZ over the Genesis any day of the week. So much more precision. The Gen Coupe feels numb compared to those cars, and I can't fit in the Hyundai's backseat even though the car is huge compared to the FR-S/BRZ. If you want something that's ballsy in a straight line, just go 5.0.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Coupe uses the old turbo engine. It's powerful but sounds like a box of rocks rolling around under the hood. V6 is better, though I'd still take an FR-S/BRZ over the Genesis any day of the week. So much more precision. The Gen Coupe feels numb compared to those cars, and I can't fit in the Hyundai's backseat even though the car is huge compared to the FR-S/BRZ. If you want something that's ballsy in a straight line, just go 5.0.

Good to know.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info