Engine removal & install tips

Charlie_Boy7

Addict
May 10, 2010
University Park, IL
Real Name
Charles
Did research and found out the route I'm gonna take. I'll be sitting the rear tires in old wheels on the ground and using the crane to lift the front. This way I'll be able to drag the whole deal out from the bottom.

So basically I'm asking is there anything that you guys know from experience that might help make this entire process any easier. Definitely will be doing some labels and putting screws in plastic bags ect. Trying to collect all the info b4 I start within the next few days.. As I will be at the mercy of the weather. Thanks

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
You mean like this?
If you're doing solo get a leveler.
IMG_23858603322042.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Yeah, I've done both methods. Out the bottom is VERY convenient and easy to handle, but its more labor intensive. Good if you need to do anything to the trans, IE: torque converter, etc.

I've pulled through the top 3x. You need to support the trans with a jack or stand when using this method. You need a ton of extensions to hit the BH bolts, but other than that, the radiator and fan should get pulled out and it comes out real straight forward. Never even used a leveler or anything fancy... just bolted a chain to the block or heads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info