Thoughts on a 2009 Subaru Outback

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
My wife is looking to get a new car here and wants to know if anyone has thoughts on this vehicle. [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] . It is a 2009 Subaru outback 2.5L special edition, auto with 20,344 miles, listed for $18,9k. Car would be used for DD purposes and camping excursions. Might tow a john boat at most. Thoughts on these cars in general? pros/cons?

Used Subaru Outback For Sale Champaign, IL - CarGurus

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Solid car through and through. Last year before the redesign so most of the kinks had been worked out. Subaru's NA engines from those years are rock solid from what I've read. It's a basic, utilitarian car without many frills but with Subaru's kick ass AWD.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Solid car through and through. Last year before the redesign so most of the kinks had been worked out. Subaru's NA engines from those years are rock solid from what I've read. It's a basic, utilitarian car without many frills but with Subaru's kick ass AWD.

Just looked it up, it's the newer style '10-`11 that had the issue. The style you're looking at has been on my radar in an XT for a while. Great car.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Fuckin A gents! Thank you for the helpful feedback. I know Subaru has always been a very safe car, and that is big on her list. She doesn't want too many frills. Just a safe, reliable, and functional DD. We are checking this car out ASAP. It is hard for me to put a tow rating in perspective. I am sure this can tow a small john boat if needed....we like fishing.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Fuckin A gents! Thank you for the helpful feedback. I know Subaru has always been a very safe car, and that is big on her list. She doesn't want too many frills. Just a safe, reliable, and functional DD. We are checking this car out ASAP. It is hard for me to put a tow rating in perspective. I am sure this can tow a small john boat if needed....we like fishing.

For reference my wrx wagon pulled a trailer weighing roughly 1000lbs across the country like it wasn't even there. I would think an aluminum fishing boat and trailer wouldn't even be close to that.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
For reference my wrx wagon pulled a trailer weighing roughly 1000lbs across the country like it wasn't even there. I would think an aluminum fishing boat and trailer wouldn't even be close to that.

That is what I like to hear. Thanks for the info. My old lady is pretty excited to check this Outback out...especially with the info you guys provided. I freaking hate her Hyundai elantra touring. I cant wait for her to get rid of that POS. This vehicle seems like a nice upgrade from the elantra.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info