Any diesel guys in here

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Mar 27, 2009
Hoffman Estates
Thought I'd see if there is any diesel homies on here.

This weekend I'm picking up an 05 Duramax LLY .. 201k miles, very well maintained. Completely stock. Interior is immaculate. Exterior is very very nice as well. There's a very very tiny bit of rust on the bottom of the two front doors. That's all. Plan to have that taken care of immediately.

Future plans are going to be a LBZ turbo mouth piece.. Turbo Back 4inch exhaust and DSP5.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly this weekend during final inspection and this baby will be in my possession.

comes with topper, not tool box.

Reactions: rowekmr

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
What's the details on yours?

8y3a7epe.jpg

2013 TDI

210k+ on an 03 lb7. durmaxforum.com and dieselplace.com are your best friends; read up. Buy the transfer case pump rub kit from merchant automotive. Just installed efi live dsp-5 from duramaxtuner.com.....wish i would have done it 7 years ago. these tunes are unbelievable. Dont know what condition the suspension is in but i just put in cognito upper control arms and rancho 9000xl adjustable shocks which made a huge difference. any other questions just ask. truck has and easy 200k left in it. (edit. 100-150k without a major rebuild required.)

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Mar 27, 2009
Hoffman Estates
Then don't tune it or start upping the boost.

Get an LBZ turbo mouth piece and a LBZ air box/intake tube to help with the heat soak issues.

The mods I have planned, I'm doing for fuel economy. I hear of guys doing an exhaust and tune and getting 20+ mpg.

And also the obvious problem areas.. The LBZ mp and pcv reroute... These I'm gonna do immediately.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info