Forum Register Members Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > The Garage > Automotive Discussions

User Tag List

Like Tree564Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2015, 02:31 PM   #851
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 9,842
Casino cash: $94569300
3.11 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAFC21 View Post
Well this is weird. Was just watching a video someone posted on the fst site about an injen catback, and after the video was over, you know how they put up related clips you can click on, i saw my vid i did for my injen intake gooood. promote my vid youtube.
That happens to me occasionally.

Plus they always pop up in my list in the "watch it again" category.
__________________
Toy: 1989 Pontiac TransAm GTA | LT1 M6 Swap | Cammed, AFR 195s, LTs, SLP 2otL Catback
Daily Driver: 2017 Focus RS | Frozen White | RS2 Package | 350hp AWD Goodness.


Thirdgen89GTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:02 PM   #852
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,733
Casino cash: $108417529
8.84 per day
Default

My symposer delete shipped. course i cant really track it cuz its usps and usps tracking never frickin works But at least its on its way. Should hopefully be here by this weekend. Then I can rip more shit outta my car and toss it on the pile of intake parts, and active shutter systems and all the other useless crap I've pulled out of this car.

I really should take it in to get that harness recall done at some point here....
__________________
2014 ///M235i_____________________________________________ _____2004 Monaro
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:48 PM   #853
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,733
Casino cash: $108417529
8.84 per day
Default

Seems the tracking is actually working. Should have this by thursday. Good thing Im taking friday off.
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:19 PM   #854
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,733
Casino cash: $108417529
8.84 per day
Default

Also saw a brand new '15 grey ST today when I was leaving work. Rolled past and was like sweet an ST. Then I had to do a double take cuz I was like wait a tick, that color, those headlights, thats a 15. Still had the temp plate on and everything. Bastard.
wombat and 1998gpgt like this.
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:08 PM   #855
 
1998gpgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,032
Casino cash: $8900734
0.26 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAFC21 View Post
My symposer delete shipped. course i cant really track it cuz its usps and usps tracking never frickin works But at least its on its way. Should hopefully be here by this weekend. Then I can rip more shit outta my car and toss it on the pile of intake parts, and active shutter systems and all the other useless crap I've pulled out of this car.

I really should take it in to get that harness recall done at some point here....
I'm going to have to evaluate the life status of my symposer after I get my catback on. Right now I like it, but that is because it is the only source of sound at the moment.
__________________
1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 337whp/363wtq 12.952 @ 112.02
1985 Olds Cutlass 455/TH350
2001 Ford Mustang GT
2014 Subaru Legacy
1998gpgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:10 PM   #856
 
1998gpgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,032
Casino cash: $8900734
0.26 per day
Default

Cobb or Boomba for the RMM?

I want it stiffer without an excessive amount of vibration. I'm thinking the Cobb is a good compromise for me.
1998gpgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:21 PM   #857
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,733
Casino cash: $108417529
8.84 per day
Default

Ive got boomba. I wouldn't say it has an EXCESSIVE amount of vibration...but its really all subjective. Its really only bad when you start off and the revs are between 1-1.5k. Then it completely goes away when you're cruising. It definitely does rattle the dash in that short period tho. haha. But for me, I've got my GTO to compare the vibrations to, which are far more in that car. And my WRX I had before that I put in solid engine and trans mounts, so that thing DEFINITELY shook a whole lot...so my tolerance for these things is a little higher I guess
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:25 PM   #858
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,733
Casino cash: $108417529
8.84 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998gpgt View Post
I'm going to have to evaluate the life status of my symposer after I get my catback on. Right now I like it, but that is because it is the only source of sound at the moment.
Yeah, I was fine w/ it w/ the stock exhuast. But now that I have real noise coming into the cabin, it just kinda creates an extra layer on top of it that kinda makes it hard to distinguish what your ears are hearing. A lotta people say it helps w/ the drone too. Which I dont think this exhaust drones a lot, so far, but i do get some, so if this can help, Im all for it.
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:09 AM   #859
 
1998gpgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,032
Casino cash: $8900734
0.26 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAFC21 View Post
Ive got boomba. I wouldn't say it has an EXCESSIVE amount of vibration...but its really all subjective. Its really only bad when you start off and the revs are between 1-1.5k. Then it completely goes away when you're cruising. It definitely does rattle the dash in that short period tho. haha. But for me, I've got my GTO to compare the vibrations to, which are far more in that car. And my WRX I had before that I put in solid engine and trans mounts, so that thing DEFINITELY shook a whole lot...so my tolerance for these things is a little higher I guess
Sounds like the Boomba may be a bit too firm for me. I would like to avoid dashboard rattling vibrations if possible lol.
1998gpgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:10 AM   #860
 
1998gpgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,032
Casino cash: $8900734
0.26 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAFC21 View Post
Yeah, I was fine w/ it w/ the stock exhuast. But now that I have real noise coming into the cabin, it just kinda creates an extra layer on top of it that kinda makes it hard to distinguish what your ears are hearing. A lotta people say it helps w/ the drone too. Which I dont think this exhaust drones a lot, so far, but i do get some, so if this can help, Im all for it.
I'm going to listen to it with both the symposer and catback installed before making any decisions, but it sounds like I may end up going the same route.
1998gpgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:20 PM   #861
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,733
Casino cash: $108417529
8.84 per day
Default

Welp, I was excited to come home today and find my symposer delete in my mailbox and/or on my front doorstep, only to find it not be in either spot. Came in and loaded up the tracking on it, and I see this:

PROCESSING EXCEPTION: The Postal Service has identified a problem with the processing of this item at 1:16 am on February 26, 2015 in ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007. The local facility has been alerted and is taking steps to correct the problem.

wtf if a processing exception?? So instead of getting it today like I was supposed to and installing it tomorrow like I had planned, it still hasn't even left IL apparently. Bah.

I guess I can climb under the GTO instead, and try and reattach the skid plate that almost fell off while I was driving it earlier tonight Never a dull moment w/ that car these days.
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:00 PM   #862
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,733
Casino cash: $108417529
8.84 per day
Default

Awesome!! I finally received a box from boomba today. I hurried to open it up, pulled my invoice out. Pulled 2 boomba stickers out. Pulled a single black zip tie out...weird...went to dump the rest of the box out. And that was it. No symposer plate. Guess it's time to email Boomba. God damnit. Guess I know what processing exception means now. Someone else wanted my fucking symposer plate more than I did.
Mook likes this.
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:31 PM   #863
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 9,842
Casino cash: $94569300
3.11 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAFC21 View Post
Welp, I was excited to come home today and find my symposer delete in my mailbox and/or on my front doorstep, only to find it not be in either spot. Came in and loaded up the tracking on it, and I see this:

PROCESSING EXCEPTION: The Postal Service has identified a problem with the processing of this item at 1:16 am on February 26, 2015 in ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007. The local facility has been alerted and is taking steps to correct the problem.

wtf if a processing exception?? So instead of getting it today like I was supposed to and installing it tomorrow like I had planned, it still hasn't even left IL apparently. Bah.

I guess I can climb under the GTO instead, and try and reattach the skid plate that almost fell off while I was driving it earlier tonight Never a dull moment w/ that car these days.
Sorry, I was at work yesterday, and the post office was only a mile away. The symposer was pissing me off.
Thirdgen89GTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:40 PM   #864
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,733
Casino cash: $108417529
8.84 per day
Default

Now i want a free shift plate as compensation for the mental anguish ive suffered in this ordeal. @Boomba Racing
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:01 AM   #865
AWD Dyno
 
Boomba Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 635 Wheat Lane - Wood Dale, IL 60191
Posts: 145
Casino cash: $7429800
0.04 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAFC21 View Post
Now i want a free shift plate as compensation for the mental anguish ive suffered in this ordeal. @Boomba Racing
I would suspect someone at the postal office decided they liked the symposer to plug their bath tub? Anyway i believe we took care of you and sent out another one to you sir!
IDAFC21 likes this.
__________________

Email us at [email protected] or call (630) 694-0404

Visit us at www.boombaracing.com

635 Wheat Lane
Wood Dale, IL 60191


Boomba Racing guarantees satisfacation by designing the highest quality parts using the best materials and the most advanced technology available. All of our products are 100% designed, machined, and assembled in the USA.

Last edited by Boomba Racing; 01-19-2016 at 09:00 AM
Boomba Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:13 PM   #866
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,733
Casino cash: $108417529
8.84 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomba Racing View Post
I would suspect someone at the postal office decided they liked the symposer to plug their bath tub? Anyway i believe we we took care of you and we sent out another one to you sir!
You did indeed sir. And this one came w/ a beanie! Thanks!



Now I have something to look forward to this weekend, beside washing it since it rained this week.
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:51 AM   #867
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,733
Casino cash: $108417529
8.84 per day
Default

Was just poking around boombas youtube channel and found this vid



Would be interesting to have a stock car to compare it to first. Theres no doubt the vibes increase w/ the RMM, but ive not grown tired of them yet.

Also...

IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:34 PM   #868
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,733
Casino cash: $108417529
8.84 per day
Default

Junk out!



Symposer in!



Much better. I think i like it more for how it cleans up the engine bay than how it eliminates the symposer vs exhaust everlasting battle.
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:22 PM   #869
 
1998gpgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,032
Casino cash: $8900734
0.26 per day
Default

That install looks easy enough. You still liking the exhaust? I still have yet to put mine on.
1998gpgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:28 PM   #870
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,733
Casino cash: $108417529
8.84 per day
Default

God its the easiest thing youll ever install on this car takes less than 10 minutes. Still definitely loving the exhaust. Its not the quietest, but its not the loudest either. Still need to find a new spot to do some flyby vids.
Smokinhot likes this.
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:37 PM   #871
 
1998gpgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,032
Casino cash: $8900734
0.26 per day
Default

The Goldilocks zone that you described is exactly what I was going for. I wanted it louder but not obnoxious.
1998gpgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:44 PM   #872
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,733
Casino cash: $108417529
8.84 per day
Default

I feel this exhaust walks that line pretty well. Now you wanna talk about changing out downpipes that changes the game. As long as you stick with the stock catted downpipe it should be good. Which i plan on doing.
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #873
 
1998gpgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,032
Casino cash: $8900734
0.26 per day
Default

As much as I would love to hear the turbo spool through my exhaust, I also plan on sticking with the stock downpipe. I do not wish to push the limits of voiding my factory warranty.
1998gpgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:00 PM   #874
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,733
Casino cash: $108417529
8.84 per day
Default

You can hear the whistle ever so slightly when it idles down, but its very subtle. But thats why i got the intake. Provides plenty of turbo spooling/bpv noise. And it may just be me, but i think i can hear the turbo even better now with the windows up now that i dont have symposer noise filling my eardrums from the front of the car.
1998gpgt likes this.
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:00 PM   #875
3-man rules!!!!
 
Smokinhot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, IL
Posts: 13,493
Casino cash: $31910829
3.11 per day
Default

Warranty
IDAFC21 likes this.
__________________


'04 Chevy Silverado ECSB - stock go fast parts....

'12 Hyundai Accent SE - Daily Driver

79 Camaro - WORK IN PROGRESS.....

Smokinhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts