Got to experience a museum pick up for a C7 Vette

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
My brother in law ordered a C7 vette shortly after the first of the year. When he ordered it he decided to do the museum pick up option as he lives in Louisville and it's only a 2 hour drive to the plant in Bolling Green.

When you get the museum pick up you get passes for yourself and up to 3 guests to receive a tour of the Corvette plant and the Corvette Museum. You gear head I was experiencing bliss. The only thing that stunk was you couldn't take cameras or phones in the plant. I really wanted to grab some pics, but they made us leave them in the van. We didn't get to see the whole plant, but a very good part of it. A lot of the workers said hello to us and thanked my brother in law as we passed. They truly seemed sincere about it as well. The guide told us that they have to work at another GM plant for 3-5 years and have very good marks to be eligible to be employed at the Vette plant. The tour at the plant was a good 2 hours.

Then we came back to the museum and got the tour of that. Some neat stuff there as well. The way they have it laid out we couldn't get up close to the sink hole as it was on the other side of the room that was blocked off, but we did get to see the cars that were in it.

Then they go through and teach you how to use your car. Show you all the settings for the suspension and how to use the radio and all that jazz.

After that they pull the car out and take a few pics in front of the museum. They tell you to go back over to the backside of the plant as they have the people doing the museum pick up's name's in lights on a marquee over the entrance. This got interesting. We did this and the path you have to go is a walking path for the workers. We went during shift change. He lead in the Vette, and I followed behind in his car. A BMW 5 series :hsugh:. He had the targa top off and windows down and said he could hear remarks form workers as I drove by saying I was in the wrong place. I could tell some of them were saying something, but I had the windows up. Then we took pics and a lot of the workers coming out complemented his car. Again they really seemed sincere.

It was a very cool experience and I was glad I got to be a part of it.

Now on to what he got. C7 Cyber Gray Metallic, Z51 package, perf exhaust, and glass roof. I love the way this car is optioned. It's a base interior car, but has the awesome suspension. The Z51 for the C7 has pretty much everything the C6Z06 did. The magnetic ride control is phenomenal.

This is his car out of the plant

10157277_10201283791651326_1855214437_n.jpg

wolfe

Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
DAmn thos esink hole cars are fuuuucked.

But thats pretty bad ass to be at the plant to pick up your car!

Yeah, there is still one sink hole car that they haven't found. They are digging slowly to try to uncover it.

They also do a tour where you can see your car going down the assembly line. And see it come off, they said that it takes a car a full 8 hour shift from start to finish. So if it starts at noon it will be done at noon the next day. They said a lot of times people are there for 2 days doing that and it can be kind of boring.

wolfe

Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
I did my best to talk him into that combo. He was swinging hard on red. I showed him this color with tints and wheels, and that was it. I believe he has a tint apointment and I knkow he has looked into getting the tails and emblems blacked out.

I think it looks the most agressive out of all the colors, even over black, but after seeing the white I would have a tough choice if I were picking.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info