Overpriced Junkyards?

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Does anyone else get things from junkyard and they try and charge you retail price on items? Seems like every time I go, this happens. Last time I got a window regulator they charged me $48. They are $50 on rock auto.
Just the other day my headlight connector broke. I checked their website before I went and it said headlights were $10. Ended up finding 2 decent aftermarket cheap headlights. Brought them up to the counter and the dude rang me up for $90. I told him the website says $10 and I am not paying anywhere near that. HE said he could do $80 without a warranty. I told him that they were $50 brand new. He wouldnt work on the price so I told him I was just going to cut the connector out and then he got kind of mad and said then the rest of the light would be useless. Ended up putting them back and not being a dick and cut one from another damaged headlight.

I just remember going to the junkyard all the time and paying $10, $15 for just about everything. I guess things have changed?

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Which yard was this? Last time I was at City Auto Wreckers I pulled a headlight for my wife's Saturn and brought it to the counter guy. He looked it up and said, "I'll do $85." I :rofl: 'd right in his face, and started walking away until he asked if I just pulled it from the yard myself.

:ugh: well yea ya dumbfuck, I didn't just walk in with my tool box and my own headlight and ask how much you would charge for the same headlight!!

Maybe your situation was the same?

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Which yard was this? Last time I was at City Auto Wreckers I pulled a headlight for my wife's Saturn and brought it to the counter guy. He looked it up and said, "I'll do $85." I :rofl: 'd right in his face, and started walking away until he asked if I just pulled it from the yard myself.

:ugh: well yea ya dumbfuck, I didn't just walk in with my tool box and my own headlight and ask how much you would charge for the same headlight!!

Maybe your situation was the same?

This last experience was at U pull it. But City Auto is the one that wanted $150 for a damaged hood. When I was looking for rims they wanted $100 a piece with "pitting/peeling".

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Junk yards are crazy these days. A lot of them think that thier shit is gold. I had a guy want to charge me 15 bucks for the little side marker light on my Lumina. New NEW on ebay was 6. I told him that and he told me to buy it from ebay then. There were like 10 Lumina/Monte's at his yard too. 5 bucks is better than no bucks IMO. Fuck yards these days

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
It really pisses me off looking at prices on craigslist for old cars out went and then looking here. Cars here are double what they are out west. It's nuts.

I've been wanting to do a roadkill-esq tybe build for a while now.

I've been noticing the exact opposite tbh. I really only look for Mustangs, but the prices on them out here (even rollers) are easily double that of what I could find back there. Its the "rust free AZ car" BS that they all spew.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I've been noticing the exact opposite tbh. I really only look for Mustangs, but the prices on them out here (even rollers) are easily double that of what I could find back there. Its the "rust free AZ car" BS that they all spew.

Well I have been looking our here at rust free cars only. Probally why people want top dollar

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info