Any decent sound shops?

donjuro

Feb 27, 2014
I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent sound shops that have experience with custom dashes, like doing iPad installs. I only need the dash done because I don't have too much experience with fiberglass and resin. I know of a couple near me like gorilla sound in Aurora and another shop in Montgomery, but I don't know about those shops and want someone with experience. My car is an 03 9-3. I don't wanna have to go looking for a new dash if they mess my old one up.

donjuro

Feb 27, 2014
Thanks tonz, and Wolfe, I will definitely get a quote from them because I too have heard good things about them, but if a couple of people could give me a couple more shops I'd appreciate it. I'd like to get a few quotes and see a little bit of their work before I go through with this. I'm willing to travel about a 40 mile radius of Aurora.

donjuro

Feb 27, 2014
I wouldn't go to gorilla sound for a few reasons, I've been there a few times for things like fuses or wiring kits and prices are sky high, but when I tell them I don't have the money, they'll ask me how much I have and take it :p haha, second, have you seen the entrance to their shop? My car couldn't even make it up that without scraping. Unless they have another entrance or they wanna stop traffic on a major street to lay some planks or something for me to enter my car I'm not going. Haha. BTW, I'm only looking for the dash work because like I said I have no experience with fiberglass and resin. I will be doing everything else my self.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I live pretty close to Gorilla Sound. I drive past it a few times a week. I don't have any first hand experience or proof but I've heard enough shady stuff about them that I just avoid them. My brother had a 1000 watt setup in his last car and we had to go there for small parts a few times. Like you said, it was expensive.

donjuro

Feb 27, 2014
I live pretty close to Gorilla Sound. I drive past it a few times a week. I don't have any first hand experience or proof but I've heard enough shady stuff about them that I just avoid them. My brother had a 1000 watt setup in his last car and we had to go there for small parts a few times. Like you said, it was expensive.

I live off of Sullivan. But last night I couldn't sleep, I was really reading up and fiberglassing doesn't seem too hard, hopefully when the time comes I can take this project on my self. If not I'll still keep some of these shops in mind. I would still like to know a few in case I need help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info