Need Advice

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
My car's registration expired in November of 2012 and I never renewed because I could not pass emissions. I drove all last summer on expired plates with no fucks given.

I have all of the paperwork and documentation to get an emissions exemption based on my car being a "show car" with verification through my insurance policy. The problem is I want new plates, but I cannot get new plates until I renew my current plates.

I am trying to avoid having to pay for 2 years worth of registration. Is there a way around this or am I fooked?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
1234931504682.jpg

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Try telling them you were rebuilding car and it was not functioning. You might have to apply for completly new plates instead of renewing the current ones.

that's exactly what i did with my bike. except mine really wasnt on the road at the time.
my plates were two years expired, i told them i was in the process of restoring it and they let me re-register it with new plates :jg:

My car's registration expired in November of 2012 and I never renewed because I could not pass emissions. I drove all last summer on expired plates with no fucks given.

I have all of the paperwork and documentation to get an emissions exemption based on my car being a "show car" with verification through my insurance policy. The problem is I want new plates, but I cannot get new plates until I renew my current plates.

I am trying to avoid having to pay for 2 years worth of registration. Is there a way around this or am I fooked?

Have a friend with an 03 Cobra that couldnt get passed either and drove expired last year......He still cannot find ins. to list show car, what co. did you go through so I can tell him to try them. I thought he tried them all.

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
Best bet is to call. When I had the Vette held hostage for the couple years I didn't pay for the plates and they wanted me to pay for 3 yrs to get the new sticker. I called the secretary of state and was able to release my plates and get them back. Just paid new plates fee and one sticker. Sounds like the same deal for you but just get the new plates. Call my man.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info