R&T does 61 back to back LC launches in the new 911 Turbo

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
When I was stock, I hot lapped Byron, I did 30 (I think 33, but I'm not 100%, may have been 35) something 16+ sec passes Nothing broke. Shit, my engine temp wasn't even above 210*. Stock Junk Race Car :hsughlol:

ps... he said "hard launches".... this thing is going to be a the 300' mark before most 3800 junk is at the 60'. :rofl:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
ps... he said "hard launches".... this thing is going to be a the 300' mark before most 3800 junk is at the 60'. :rofl:

I'm not saying that my car is fast, but a "hard launch" is a relative term, a 2.0 60' is hard on a GP, it's trans is made of pudding. Obviously no one agrees with me, but a car is designed for the power it comes with. I'd bet any other new car (apart from the GTR) could do this same feat in new stock form on a standard street. I'd expect the vehicle is designed to launch way more than 50 times in it's life. If the launch system put the vehicle that close to the ragged edge that it wasn't sustainable, the manufacturer would weaken/slow the launch to save warranty costs.

Also, the video cuts the time between runs out, so there should be cool-down periods including bringing the vehicle back to the starting point, lining it up, and whatever else. :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info