Since you all like discussing cars... Riddle me this.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Lets just HYPOTHETICALLY say I'm considering a new car. I don't make [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] money, so my budget is around 20-25k out the door. I'd like something newer, 13-14. It's not replacing the gto, so it doesn't need to have ludicrous speed mode, but I don't want a turd either. What I would like, is options. If I'm going to daily drive it, I wanna like being inside it. Navigation, bluetooth, media inputs, etc, I want toys. The more the better.

Some other things. Fuel economy....ANYTHING will be better than the gto, so I'm not concerned about that :rofl: I don't have a far commute to work. Not looking for a huge sedan, but something w/ some useable cargo space would be nice, which again compared to the gto, is ANYTHING. :rofl:

To give you an idea, this is currently whats topping my list. '14 Fiesta ST

02.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta ST, $26,155 - Cars.com

That's definitely on the higher end of my budget (hypothetically of course), but thats just an example. I know there are much cheaper ST's on the market. Hell, that Recaro seat package is $2k by itself. But the ST pretty much checks all the boxes for me. It'll be fun enough to make my daily commute pleasant, I won't be tempted to mod it (much), fuel economy will be good enough for me, and has plenty of nice driver amenities with the myford touch system.

So thats what I'm looking at right now....but my question to you all, given those guidelines, what else could I (HYPOTHETICALLY) be looking at??

Aaaaaand 12 pages of discussion....GO.

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
I would say pretty much any hot hatch should fit the bill. Fun to drive, decent cargo space, solid gas mileage.

Having owned a GTI I would make that the top of my list again. My veloster had an amazing amount of tech but it was slow and I've never driven the turbo model to know if it made a big enough difference. You could also hop back into a wrx.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Na they are fine. We had that in our 2009 limited maxima and it was cool. Also had a fake manual shift mode that made all the right noises and feelings like you actually were banging gears. Would buy again. The wife LOVED that car.

I can literally say I hate driving cvt altimas and would take a st focus or fiesta months or years or decades before an altima.

I don't even think this is a comparison to be honest...

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I can literally say I hate driving cvt altimas and would take a st focus or fiesta months or years or decades before an altima.

I don't even think this is a comparison to be honest...

Sorry to say but in my opinion the altima is a much higher quality vehicle than any ford product. Those cars are rock solid like hondas and their resale is good too. Im going to skip american if I can when I get the wife her next vehicle. Probably a pathfinder or the bigger one.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Sorry to say but in my opinion the altima is a much higher quality vehicle than any ford product. Those cars are rock solid like hondas and their resale is good too. Im going to skip american if I can when I get the wife her next vehicle. Probably a pathfinder or the bigger one.

that's fine and dandy, but that isn't even relatively near what a st product is... the OP wants a car to drive and have fun driving... not fall asleep while driving and hope for good resale :rofl:

and also... google "altima/maxima" floor rot or rust and lets talk about rock solid- granted this affected older models- who knows if they "fixed it" for the newer ones.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
that's fine and dandy, but that isn't even relatively near what a st product is... the OP wants a car to drive and have fun driving... not fall asleep while driving and hope for good resale :rofl:

and also... google "altima/maxima" floor rot or rust and lets talk about rock solid- granted this affected older models- who knows if they "fixed it" for the newer ones.

Understood. Focus ST then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info