Need cobra rotors

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I have two front rotors from my 03 Cobra (13 inch Brembo's).

They are the Frozen Rotor brand, cryogenically treated rotors. They have less than 2000 miles on them and I even have them in the original boxes. The reason I changed them is I bought new Brembo brake calipers which came with new rotors.

You can have them for free if you want.

Some details you should know:
They've been sitting in their boxes in my garage for about three years. What appears to be surface rust has built up on the back of one of them (the part that was touching the cardboard). You will probably want to sand it off before using them, otherwise they're in decent condition.

I originally bought these for some open track racing I was doing and there is about 180 racing miles on them. After I installed them, I followed the proper burnishing and bedding-in procedure. When I took them off the car, they were still perfectly straight and true (that's why I saved them). When at the track, I accidentally let one of the brake pads get a little too worn. I thought I could run one more 30 minute session with these pads before changing them, but I miscalculated and had to pit early due to pad wear. When changing the pads, I noticed one of the pads had scored the rotor a bit. It appears to be scoring in the brake pad material that's on the rotor and possibly not in the actual steel of the rotor itself. It's very minor and should have no affect on the rotors performance IMO, but I figured I should mention it.

I can take pictures if you want. PM me an e-mail address and I will send them to you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Jokerzl
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list