Help me choose a rear!!! - 99 SS

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
I had a strange s60 on my Z28. Zero complaints what so ever with it. Was 35 spline and had no problem launching on drag radials at the track and street. With the 4.10 gears it was a blast but that and large cam made low speed driving (parking lots) sometimes a little more of a pain then stock.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
S60 - 35 spline, worm gear diff, you choice of width, your choice of gear, 4 channel abs capible, 3 channel is extra

$2250 or $1950 with spool

12 bolt - 33 spline, clutch style posi, your choice of width, your choice of gear, 4 channel abs

$2350 or $2125 with spool

many different upgrades for either axle, brakes, billet yokes, driveshafts, rear covers, ect..

also any other strange products you may interested in? shocks, coilovers?

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I have a strange s60 and if I could do it again I'd go with a MWC 9" instead. Reason being is that the smallest gear you can go with an s60 is 3.54 which I currently have. There are more options with a 9" in terms of gear size. the s60 will take as much abuse as you can throw at it just the same as a 9". I wouldn't bother with a 12bolt unless you got a killer deal.

With that said, I'm happy with how my s60 has performed. I have no complaints other than as I said the lack of smaller gear sizes.

mine has a 4 channel rear with trutrack diff.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I see people saying not to unless you can afford it. For a $100 price difference from the 9 what's so bad about it?
I had all my suspension done with my 10 bolt in it so a 12 was a nice easy swap.
I still fail to see the down side of running a 12bolt.

12bolts still break where as 9" are much stronger when you get into higher power applications. I'll pay $100 more to have the piece of mind and not have to worry about how my rear end will hold as I go for more and more power in the future.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info