Unless we're all driving one of these

audi-r18-e-tron-quattro-24-hours-of-le-mans-2013_100431515_m.jpg

Otherwise NO THANKS

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I'll gladly take a diesel hybrid. Sick of paying for gas just to go to and from work.

Well, you will still be paying for diesel, granted not as much gas consumption. But you're still going to be paying someone.

Lets just ride our bikes. Which I used to do for about 7 years since the ride was only 10 miles each way. But now I live too far. :(

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
spending assloads of money on a depreciating asset that would take 10-20 years for the benefits to pay for its cost vs a cheap older vehicle/object, repaired/maintained and with its "cost" to build already paid for....

but no, we just continue to junk the energy thats been put into things just for the latest and greatest....sure recycling helps...but the true cost is the energy put into making something....energy transporting/storing/scrapping/re-smelting/stamping/building, marketing, selling the OHEMGEE3000x hybrid with more deadly compounds per lb than 82 1982 chevy caprices.

yeah thats gonna help the fuckin planet

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
how about we focus on huge contributor of co2....slow traffic

split up work schedules and switch to a 24 hour day...

for fucks sake in our modern society that's the most obvious and cheapest way to do the most good.
we already have the fucking infrastructure (lights, power stations that need consistent load 24 hours a day, remote communication, computer systems)
and its the only thing we can do that wouldn't violate any godamn provision of the constitution and shouldnt piss too many people off...
we already operate 24 hours a day in plenty of industries....lets take the 4day workweek one step further and let people chose what shift to work.
families that don't want to pay for daycare could probably use the benefits of something like this (daycare for sleeping kids obviously likely to be cheaper, parent isn't sitting in traffic for 2 hours a day, what have ya)

fuck we're a stupid ass species, cheapest and easiest solution to pickup at least an instant 25% or more reduction in emissions and fuels consumed/time/money saved and we (earth/humans) are off building the newest "energy saving" piece of shit instead of moving out into our solar system.

what were we talking about again?

/schlim rant

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Are any of them coming to the US? I was already thinking my next car would be an A3 diesel, or even an A2 diesel if they were going to make one.

my mom is looking at the a3. i sucessfully transitioned her from civics and the like to the wrx but was pretty surprised to hear her mention she was looking at the a3. i don't like the idea of friends and family buying audis so i'm trying to work her over to an x1. ;p

spending assloads of money on a depreciating asset that would take 10-20 years for the benefits to pay for its cost vs a cheap older vehicle/object, repaired/maintained and with its "cost" to build already paid for....

but no, we just continue to junk the energy thats been put into things just for the latest and greatest....sure recycling helps...but the true cost is the energy put into making something....energy transporting/storing/scrapping/re-smelting/stamping/building, marketing, selling the OHEMGEE3000x hybrid with more deadly compounds per lb than 82 1982 chevy caprices.

yeah thats gonna help the fuckin planet

i don't disagree that it takes a lot more time and energy to make a new car but eventually this fleet will be retired. my point was simply that this is a technology of the future that the middle class will be buying rather than all electric teslas. i think there is big money to be made betting against tesla as well although it is hard to figure out the timing on that one.

how about we focus on huge contributor of co2....slow traffic

split up work schedules and switch to a 24 hour day...

for fucks sake in our modern society that's the most obvious and cheapest way to do the most good.
we already have the fucking infrastructure (lights, power stations that need consistent load 24 hours a day, remote communication, computer systems)
and its the only thing we can do that wouldn't violate any godamn provision of the constitution and shouldnt piss too many people off...
we already operate 24 hours a day in plenty of industries....lets take the 4day workweek one step further and let people chose what shift to work.
families that don't want to pay for daycare could probably use the benefits of something like this (daycare for sleeping kids obviously likely to be cheaper, parent isn't sitting in traffic for 2 hours a day, what have ya)

fuck we're a stupid ass species, cheapest and easiest solution to pickup at least an instant 25% or more reduction in emissions and fuels consumed/time/money saved and we (earth/humans) are off building the newest "energy saving" piece of shit instead of moving out into our solar system.

what were we talking about again?

/schlim rant

good luck on that one. nothing to stop a business and employees from choosing to do so today you know. i'd rather ticket traffic creators into oblivion until we could some day achieve the magical threshold of german highway efficiency.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info