my old 2001 xj was in an accident

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
got a text message from the guy that bought my '01 last year sent me this pic. he said he got T boned last friday. a ford escape blew a red light and hitted the xj right on the pass front side. the escape was total. damages to the xj: front axle bent, drag link broked, lower control arm ripped off, cracked rim, fender, header panel, and broken front drive shaft. wow that's pretty sad!!! he's planning to fix it back up after.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I've had that happen twice (sold cars I had some level of attachment to, and some time after the new owner let me know when something happened).

Really sad, but cool of the new owners.

The two I got was my B18 swapped civic coupe was rear ended while parked by a drunk driver, and the second was my 97 explorer sport with a 5 speed was rear-ended hard 2 winters ago.

Both were fucked up bad, glad the owners were OK.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
That happened too me as well. Sold my gtp to a guy at work who had plans of putting a built trans in it and going fast.......a week later he wrapped it around a tree. Completely fucked

Depending on unibody damage that xj shouldn't be toooo bad. That escape did not make out well :rofl:

n661989846_876984_1724-4_zps92d396b1.jpg

Last edited:

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
OUCH. Escape does not crash well.

Years ago I saw my 90 Mustang on the back of a flatbed with the front end pushed over 3 feet and up 2 feet about 2 months after I sold it. According to the tow truck driver the kid downshifted and punched it on the highway at 55 and spun it into to concrete divider. The built 351 was cracked otherwise I would've bought the motor back at least.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
The only car(out of the 2..) that have any hope of still being alive is my Lumina. I sold it to some black whale in Aurora who I'm sure trashed it.

My GP burned in a garage fire about a month after I sold it. Guy who bought it hadn't put insurance on it yet, and tried to get me to change the date on the bill of sale so he could add the car, and then claim it on insurance. :nope:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info