Done with drag radials on my DD. opinions on best street tire?

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
guys,

I'm done with buying DR's for my DD ISF. the car makes ok power but not enough to justify going through one to two sets of DR's per year. I have been looking into some street tires and here is what I was leaning towards. also car has 19" x 9 rims so I'm looking at a 275/30 or 285/30 rears.

RE-11 275/30
NT-05 275/30
V12 EVO 285/30
CONTI DW 275/30

thoughts? was leaning towards the nitto's anyone with experience with around 400whp?

Reactions: Spivitz

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I run Hankook v12's 295/30/18 on my 300zx. They do ok for traction with my car. Would rather have RS-3's for what I am doing with it. They don't like the cold but once warmed up they are great. Drove through some crazy rainstorms heading down to nashville and they only hydroplaned like once.

Dunlop direzza (Ran these in autox and loved them)/BFG rivals seem to do well also and the ContiDW's are the go to tire for autox in the rain.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
I run Hankook v12's 295/30/18 on my 300zx. They do ok for traction with my car. Would rather have RS-3's for what I am doing with it. They don't like the cold but once warmed up they are great. Drove through some crazy rainstorms heading down to nashville and they only hydroplaned like once.

Dunlop direzza (Ran these in autox and loved them)/BFG rivals seem to do well also and the ContiDW's are the go to tire for autox in the rain.

You legitimately were lucky to only have issues in the wet once with the RS3. Great tire, but dear fucking god can they be sketchy when it's not dry. Contis are good and I'll also second the Direzzas (of course).

For daily duties with the occasional fun though, I'll wholly support the V12. Relatively refined, good Hydroplane resistance, incredibly predictable when being pushed, yet the sidewalls are soft enough to give you a decent amount of longitudinal grip. Lastly, pretty good wear characteristics. Properly rotated and with a mild to moderate alignment, you can get a couple seasons out of them no problem.

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
lol sorry I had to man. You did not give us all the info in that thread. I can't fault lexus now. I have to side with them on your claim. Those high paid warranty adjusters are not idiots.

no worries man. yeah I had the DR on for about 6k then went to a Pirelli track tire. I had to try to see what they would offer.

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Has anyone used the Michelin Pilot Super Sport or new Pilot Sport A/S 3? I know the A/S 3 is an all season tire, but early reviews said it was almost as good as the PSS.

I also have heard some really good reviews about the A/S 3 but I just can't see an all season tire even being close to a tire like the super sport.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info