2011+ Camaro or Mustang?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
this coming from a guy thats had like 15 gm cars and no fords because i am a straight up chevy fan boy and mustang hatred was put in me from birth, i would buy the mustang all day over the new camaro, i almost bought a new mustang because 5.0 + boost = the easy ticket to a 600+ whp car with a cheap bolt on paxton kit

ChiLAX

TCG Elite Member
Mar 11, 2013
Chicago
Oh yeah, TrueCar. Even on there it's more expensive, I think I'm going to have to go in there and test drive it. I have a "Test drive a Ford and we'll give you 50 bucks" thing from the auto show, so I'll just pretend like it didn't wow me... See if I can convince them to give it to me for like 27k.

ChiLAX

TCG Elite Member
Mar 11, 2013
Chicago
I will ALWAYS be a bowtie girl, but those 2015 Mustangs are pretty amazing! It IS a tough call. I'd have to drive BOTH and compare specs on BOTH before I'd decide. Not ask what other people think. It's YOUR CAR, YOUR $$$$

Just sayin.

I am literally torn. The Mustang gets the edge in the looks department, I have always been a GM pushrod fan, and the LS3 would be a beast of a motor to own. Not that I don't like the Coyote motor...

In for stomping on your new raaaaccceee caaaarrrr.

And I assume ending up with it in my garage within a few months. :rofl:

I wouldn't even blame you, with the way the prices are plummeting on these damn things. It would give Eric an aneurysm if you did, though. :rofl:

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I was a die hard GM fan. Even named my male cat Chevy. After I test drove a 2011 5.0 I knew I had to have one. For the most part, I hated Mustangs prior to that. I think the 401a interior is pretty nice. It is comfortable and functional. Only thing I dont like is the cup holders in front of the shifter. If you plan on DDing it, I would suggest a couple of things. First is weathertech floor liners. Second is a MGW shifter and AMSOIL MTG trans fluid. The MT-82 is a pretty good trans with those improvements IMO. Once you learn the querks, it is very pleasurable to drive. The gearing is a lot of fun to drive hard with 3.73's in the ass.

I like the 11-12' front end better but the 13-14' rear looks better IMO. I think there are minor changes in the blocks through the years. Not entirely sure what though. Best car I have owned to date....Do it.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
5.0 unless you're looking at 1LE or ZL1 Camaros. Decision gets a little harder then.

What are your plans with the car?

I actually shopped both the fatgen 1LE and the brembo 5.0. No matter how you slice it, the heft from that 1LE was noticeable. That car seemed to need revs to get out of its own way. Thats the way it felt to me. But I knew the 5.0 was fast out of the box and it felt that way too.(This is my Third 5.0). But I seriously considered the 5thgen 1LE but they were $45k and not nearly worth the price. I got my base m6 brembo GT with 3.55 gears for right around $30K. Its been awesome just like my last two and thats why I bought another. But there is no denying that the 1LE camaro with those ZL1 wheels looks hotness. I almost bought a black on black on black one. I think I still have the pics of it......

944408_4803448095074_507437901_n.jpg

943482_4803447855068_1625085792_n.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info