Lowering Suspension. Any shops?

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Sorry for the delay...and one of em is located in Glen Elyn and the other in North Riverside...which one is closer to you? Or better yet where are you located? They might be able to go to you..

I'm in bartlett. I dont know where river side is. Glen Elyn isn't far. I'm pretty well versed in lowering TBSS's. lol Or anything for that matter.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
hey how you guys doing, just a quick question, anyone know were there's a good shop that can lower the suspension?
I got two cousins that want to lower their trucks. One is an 03 Silverado pickup and the other truck is an 06 Trailblazer SS.
Thanks in advance.

Nothing against any of the other guys offering to do the install. I hear goodfellas does great work. And im sure Devil1 as well. If the peeps in Glen Ellyn dont want to travel far. I just had coilovers installed on my 740il at Gearhead in Downtown Glen Ellyn. Great guys. They work mainly on mercs and beamers but im sure they could figure out the american side

IMG-20140117-01712_zps0f86c7ae.jpg

MM.Junior.

Regular
Mar 14, 2012
Nothing against any of the other guys offering to do the install. I hear goodfellas does great work. And im sure Devil1 as well. If the peeps in Glen Ellyn dont want to travel far. I just had coilovers installed on my 740il at Gearhead in Downtown Glen Ellyn. Great guys. They work mainly on mercs and beamers but im sure they could figure out the american side

IMG-20140117-01712_zps0f86c7ae.jpg

That is beautiful! My godfather has an, all black 740i...or is 745i? Idk lol its a 98 though.
But hey if it was up to be I'd take my car to anyone who can guarantee their work, but its my cousins who looking for a shop not me. But ill tell em about this one.
Its called gearhead?

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
That is beautiful! My godfather has an, all black 740i...or is 745i? Idk lol its a 98 though.
But hey if it was up to be I'd take my car to anyone who can guarantee their work, but its my cousins who looking for a shop not me. But ill tell em about this one.
Its called gearhead?

Yes. Gearhead. And like I said. Sounds like you have a good amount of choices. Lots of guys will vouch for goodfella etc.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Tim lowered my TBSS and I never had any complaints other than him bitching me out for doing it on one of the hottest days of the year LOL.

Bwahaha, oh yeah. I forgot about yours. lol

I think I've lowered 1/2 the US TBSS population. I don't know what's easier. Lowering them or putting a trans in them, both take about the same amount of time.

MM.Junior.

Regular
Mar 14, 2012
Bwahaha, oh yeah. I forgot about yours. lol

I think I've lowered 1/2 the US TBSS population. I don't know what's easier. Lowering them or putting a trans in them, both take about the same amount of time.

Lmao and i thought changing the oil was hard. -_-
But random question, don't you get a bad suspension when you just cut the coils to lower it? Doesn't that make the ride more "bouncy" you could say...

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Lmao and i thought changing the oil was hard. -_-
But random question, don't you get a bad suspension when you just cut the coils to lower it? Doesn't that make the ride more "bouncy" you could say...

Don't cut any springs no matter what you're lowering, do it right. On the TBSS go with Belltech lowering struts on the corners and bag adjustment in the back to start and get new front arms in the future.

MM.Junior.

Regular
Mar 14, 2012
Don't cut any springs no matter what you're lowering, do it right. On the TBSS go with Belltech lowering struts on the corners and bag adjustment in the back to start and get new front arms in the future.

Oh its not my TBSS its my cousins. Im pretty sure he'll do it right it was just a question.
Its just ive noticed a lot of people (kids mostly) trying to go the cheap route and cut the coils then sooner or later they pay the consequences of having a messed up suspension lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info