Have you ever purchased a brand new car?

Have you purchased a brand new car before

• Yes Duh. Just once though.

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • Yep 2 times the fun

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • Chalk it up for 3 times

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Four times you've balled

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Cinco new cars before

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • FUCK BRAND NEW CARS DEPRECIATION SUCKS DICK

Votes: 24 24.2%
  • 3800 Fo-life- until it comes back no brand new cars (for James)

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ya, the Mazda (which I loved, dont get me wrong). The ROI on a new car is not worth it. I can wait 1-3 years and get the same car for a hell of a lot cheaper AND w/ the warranty still in tact.

Just isnt worth it to me anymore. It would have to be like a MUST have car...and even then, likely wouldnt happen. Example: As much as I want a GTR, I would never pay new car price for it. Ever.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Yeah, bought the Fusion new, was fine, but looking back, it sucked losing so much money just driving off the lot. I ended up selling it for ~$6K less a year and a half later, which isn't TOO bad, but yeah never again. The way I roll through cars, every year or 2, depreciation sucks major dick. I'm even somewhat regretting buying a one year old car.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
No I haven't, but if it was dream car I would probably want brand new. Other than that no unless its a deal I cant refuse. Even with 0% financing the depreciation sucks, I'll let the 1st owner take the depreciation hit. I'll buy it 2-3 years old, with <20K miles and a full factory remaining warranty and possibly extended worked into the deal for 10s of thousands less.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Did with the Mustang, said I never would again. So I traded it in for a brand new truck.
mrrg.gif

Used from here on out. Fo' realz this time.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Purchased new car one time, will not again......

Though I have purchased 2 new motorcycles as well.

me personally I feel like snowmobiles, bikes, shit like that- stuff that is 10k or less new... the depreciation hit while similar percentage-wise- isn't as tough to swallow when you look at whole numbers.

typically with the downpayment you put on a bike or sled new, you're already ahead of the game for what it is worth after you use it a year or so

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
never bought new. I switch too often. I'll spend the same money on a much nicer used car. No way in hell I'd ever afford a Sierra Denali new. Paid probably 10-15k less than what a bare bones Sierra goes for. If I want to get rid of it after a year or two of ownership, I won't be upside down.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I’ve purchased two new cars. I keep cars and put miles on them so the depreciation isn’t as big of a deal to me.

Agreed, I keep my cars for a while. If I can buy used in good condition, then I will do so, but sometimes it isn't in the cards.

I bought my 2009 Pontiac G8 GT off of the showroom floor because it was close enough in price to the slightly used 08's at the time that I figured it would be smart to have a model year newer with less miles. I cannot say that I have put many miles on it though, since it only has 18k on the clock.

I also bought my 2003 Explorer that I did the Kenne Bell s/c and all the tons of other work to off of the showroom floor as well. That one's even worse! I only have 7k miles on it!

I actually use, use my normal DD cars though. :rollpicard:

Thread Info