Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
There isn't just one path to a great engine. Different companies have different approaches to evoking emotion and performance from their heavily engineered powerplants. These are the 10 engines that captured the hearts and minds of car nuts everywhere.

10.) Honda K20
9.) Toyota 1LR-GUE V10
8.) AMC 4.0
7.) Alfa Romeo V6 24V
6.) Toyota 2JZ-GTE
5.) Buick V6 Series 2 3800
4.) Volkswagen TFSI
3.) Ford Ecoboost V6
2.) BMW S54
1.) GM LS Series

3800 folks should appreciate this.

The 10 Best Engines Of The Last 20 Years

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Are we supposed to take Jalopnik as gospel now? I'm not sure how some of the motors got on there. I'm biased obviously but how is the lambo 5.2 V10 not on there? IMO, it's pretty impressive for an engine that large to make more than 100hp per liter.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I think the list goes beyond what the motors make stock........I think it takes in mind potential, the fact that the LS can be swapped into literally everything...the fact that it can take an pounding and keep going, etc.

Couldn't any motor be swapped into anything? I feel the reason the LS engines are swapped so much is because they are cheap. Almost all motors are bullet proof nowadays.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Couldn't any motor be swapped into anything? I feel the reason the LS engines are swapped so much are because they are cheap. Almost all motors are bullet proof nowadays.

Cheap, but also compact, which makes it a good fit into just about anything, old and new. Small physical size compared to an overhead cam motor. Big block capable power in a small block size.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info