Court Supervision without Court Appearance in Dupage County?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Has anyone else received one of these tickets before?

I was speeding on North Ave, 63 in a 45, still only a few a few mph faster than traffic flow, but enough that I stuck out and got a ticket for it. Officer did not take my license, instead gave me a ticket and my license back.

I have the option of simply pleading guilty via mail, paying the fine, and possibly receiving court supervision. Or appearing in court for the same process. I haven't had a ticket in like 7 years, and even that one was thrown out due to the method used (pacing) so my record is spotless.

Does anyone have any experience with the supervision without appearance? I'm thinking of just going in anyways on the court date and pleading guilty hoping for lenience.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I've had a few tickets and every one of them except one has been with supervision. Just check the "plead guilty; take defensive driving course and supervision" box, mail the fine plus the online class fee check, take the course, and forget about it. Then however many months later, it drops off unless you get another ticket within 2 years of it.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I've had a few tickets and every one of them except one has been with supervision. Just check the "plead guilty; take defensive driving course and supervision" box, mail the fine plus the online class fee check, take the course, and forget about it. Then however many months later, it drops off unless you get another ticket within 2 years of it.

This is Dupage county, no class to take. Cook county has the classes. Dupage drops in 6 months.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Unfortunately no one will care about the flow of traffic. All they care about is the fines you'll be paying them for going over the posted limit.

I know that. Not trying to get out of the ticket. Just looking for the best possible outcome if pleading guilty. That would be supervision as it would keep a conviction off my record. Seeing as my record is spotless, I'd like to keep it that way. So I will have to watch my speed closer. If I had been 4mph slower I would have likely been ignored.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Looked up the dupage stuff when I got home.

ELIGIBILITY FOR COURT SUPERVISION WITHOUT A COURT APPEARANCE
Does not apply to drivers under the age of 21You are eligible for court supervision if you meet the following criteria:

1. This arrest incident resulted in only one moving [reportable] violation ticket being issued by the police officer. Seat belt or vehicle equipment tickets are not considered a moving [reportable] violation.
  2. You have not been convicted or placed on court supervision for any moving [reportable] violations within the 12 months prior to the issuance of this ticket.
  3. You sign the Affidavit for Court Supervision and pay the prescribed fine, penalties and costs for this offense as stated in paragraph [a] or of this form. This affidavit must be sent with your payment; it cannot be sent in at a later date.
    [*]If you desire to change your plea, you must file a written motion and pay a filing fee of $40.00 with the Clerk and appear on the court date set by the Clerk.
    [*]You understand that if you violate the law for another moving [reportable] violation within 90 days from the date that court supervision was granted, this court supervision may be revoked [after hearing] by the Court and a conviction entered against you and the report of conviction will be sent to the Secretary of State and entered on your driving record.
    [*]If you received multiple moving [reportable] violation tickets arising out of this incident and wish to apply for court supervision, you must appear in court at the date, time and location set by the Clerk.

If you meet the above criteria and your application for court supervision is accepted by a Judge, you will be placed on court supervision for 90 days.

I seem to meet all of the stuff listed, can only hope the judge who reviews it grants supervision. Would be nice to keep the license clean.

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Did he also tell you how shitty your Camaro is? If not I'd take whatever he said with a large grain of salt.

Dupage just do the mail in court supervision. Costs you less that way. I've had court supervision multiple times as long as you don't get another within a year it goes off your record completely apparently. I got my court ordered drivers record thing from the DMV and it's cleaner then I'd think it'd be with my dresser having a stack of tickets. From all the times I've had to go in for court supervision I've been lucky enough to not be "sentenced" to take a class except the last time. That was in Dupage county by Lombard police though. That online class shit is boaring as fuck.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I always thought paying the fine and sending in the ticket was pleading guilty and that goes straight on your record? I always thought you had to go to court to get court supervision. Maybe times have changed or I didnt read all of my paperwork.

edit: I know if you go to court and esp in your case where you have been a good driver for 7 years you will get court supervision for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info