Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
With all this Vette attention, I figure I'll go back to what I do best...whoring out an aging platform.

Thread found here:
MCGTR's ALPHA 16 Build: 1600whp Texas Style - R35 GT-R - GT-R Life

ALPHA Performance said:
Pushing boundaries is second nature at AMS, whether it be through our own R & D on OMEGA or applying that R & D to a customer driven project that sets the bar a bit higher. ALPHA Performance customer Mike C's car fits the latter category. Living in Texas, Mike is no stranger to fast cars, or pushing the limits. Mike's history is impressive with multiple Top 5 TX Mile finishes, awards for most runs over 200 MPH, as well as wins in both SCCA & NASA sanctioned races. His stable has been as impressive with 1100+ HP Porsches, GT3 Cup Cars, Lambo's, Ferrari's, and even the Brass Monkey World Challenge GTR. The only thing that was missing was a High Horsepower GTR.

Mike wanted a car capable of running with the fastest cars in the world at events like the Texas Invitational, TX Mile, and TX2K, as well as cruises with his buddies on the highways of Texas. In his words, "there was only one shop to call, one shop that could build the GTR that I envisioned", Mike called AMS.

Having heard Mike's goals we set out on a plan...The ALPHA 16 kit. The ALPHA 16 system was born from our very own ALPHA OMEGA development car. Using what OMEGA had showed in terms of what can be done with the GT-R, our engineers set out to create a more polished version of what OMEGA was equipped with.

AMS_Alpha_MC_Build_21.jpg

Our standard 4.0 race engine was improved even further using what we had learned from Omega to make an already incredible power plant stronger, more efficient, and more reliable.

Alpha_GT-R_Single_Piston_1200x800.jpg

Fuel is managed by our newly developed, soon to be released updated ALPHA fuel system, two pumps with the power to support 2000whp...all while fitting in the tank and being quiet as stock. This is all fed into a third rail version of our current sheet-metal intake manifold and flowing to two sets of Injector Dynamics 1300CC injectors.

AMS_Alpha_MC_Build_03.jpg

The new ALPHA 16 turbo system implements OMEGA Turbos and our larger cold air intake system long since used on Omega and other vehicles like Tim Sanders' Alpha 12. Of course this is all kept cool by our ALPHA Race front mount intercooler.

AMS_Alpha_MC_Build_01.jpg

AMS_Alpha_MC_Build_05.jpg

AMS_Alpha_MC_Build_02.jpg

AMS_Alpha_MC_Build_04.jpg

For the transmission to get all this power to the wheels, we contracted industry leading Shep Trans. Having learned a great deal from cars like OMEGA John built an ALPHA 16 worthy GR6.

The devil is in the details as they say. This wasn't Mike's first rodeo so he knew he needed to address as many areas of the car as possible. Following Omega's lead, Driveshaft shop axles and T1 braces were installed. ALPHA Drag Coilovers were installed to help transfer power correctly and final touches came in the form of Whiteline suspension components. Advan wheels, ARP wheels studs a very nice fitting Titan Roll bar, and the car kept the previously installed 102MM ETS exhaust.

Alpha_Performance_R35_Coil_Over_Set_1200x800.jpg

AMS_Alpha_MC_Build_11.jpg

To control all new found power Ryan and the boys at Syvecs came through with their tried and true S8 system while ALPHA's very own Chris Black put finger to keyboard dialing in Mikes new ALPHA 16 GT-R.

Like OMEGA, Mike's ALPHA 16 and our dyno are not friends. To save our dear 424X from another abusive session we stopped the pulls at about 1475whp.Final tuning will be done on a closed course very soon. Knowing what we know about Omega and comparing the two cars we are confident 1600whp is very likely on Mike's ALPHA 16 at full tilt. Being the Texan he is though Mike isn't worried about what she does on paper... Mike plans on showing peoples what his ALPHA 16 can do with results!

Alpha_MC_GT-R_01.jpg

Alpha_MC_GT-R_03.jpg

Alpha_MC_GT-R_02.jpg

I have been blessed in my 10+ years with AMS on meeting some amazing customers. I honestly feel like calling them a customer is really doing them a disservice...friend seems more fitting. Mike is one of those friends. Mike had lots of options in front of him for this rework on his GT-R and I as well as AMS are honored he chose us. As a business we need customers to stay open but when we can gain a friend in the process, well that's just pretty damn amazing. Thank you again Mike for your business and your friendship. May you enjoy your new toy in good health and may your son not soil the seat on the first ride :)

Eric

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Update:

:eek3:

Not that long ago we posted up a build thread on MCGTR's ALPHA 16 build here: http://www.gtrlife.c...hp-texas-style/

Well Mike didn't want to waste any time with his beloved GT-R so off to Texas we went to do some fine tuning and shakedown sessions with Mike's car. In addition to some short runway testing on Saturday Mike also took advantage of the opportunity to test his car at a private track rental in Houston Texas at Royal Purple Raceway today. There along with a small collection of Texas' finest Mike's ALPHA 16 was able to put down 5 passes...ALL of which were in the 8's!

Last but certainly not least [email protected] mph!!! This pass was about 3-5lbs shy on boost from what we consider full tilt. Ivan feels had we kept at it the car had a 7 second time in it. Mike however was happy with the 8.1, knowing Mike we are sure a 7 is in this car's future.

What is most impressive about Mike's car is this is a 100% street car! With a full interior and even a roll bar the car weighed in (without driver) at 3850lbs!!!! Truly a full weight street car.

Mike's ALPHA 16 was the fastest car at the event. This was an achievement in itself as the day saw the likes of boosted Ford GT's, Slicked up fully caged race spec Supra's, back halved Camaros, vipers and more. Many of the cars were Texas Speed Syndicate TI participants.

When I have access to them I will post up some pics and the slips tomorrow. I am sure Mike will drop in here as well and give his thoughts on the car. Based on his text messages I am sure it will be quite the colorful post lol.

Thank you again Mike for the opportunity to build you the car you wanted. I cant wait to hear more stories of you behind the wheel :)

P.S. Yes Mike I will order your ALPHA Elite Helmet and trophy first thing Monday morning lol

Eric

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info