Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Audi-R8-Black-Hyper-Edition-7.jpg

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
I wouldn't be in a rush. I would be more concerned with quality, and the website I'm looking at I think is blakes. They are in Bristol correct?

Bristol/Sugar Grove somewhere out there.

Dave and I used to work with him at IKEA. Real good guy and does awesome work. You might even be able to set it up and he can do it while you watch. Pretty awesome process.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
I had my intake and lid done in carbon fiber. Very happy with how it looks. I had a place in Missouri do it. There is a place out in Joilet that does it, and seem to do it very well, they just couldn't do it in my time frame when I had my stuff done. I wish I would've known about the guy in Sugar Grove, I'm in Yorkville.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Bristol/Sugar Grove somewhere out there.

Dave and I used to work with him at IKEA. Real good guy and does awesome work. You might even be able to set it up and he can do it while you watch. Pretty awesome process.

Exactly, I actually helped him install and wire in the tank, way back when, lol.

The process involves the film, a large tank of smooth filtered water heated to a specific temperature and then literally dipping the item to be coated into it. It is normally then covered by automotive grade clear coat. I don't even remember his site anymore, but his original focus was Mini cooper parts, then he expanded into corvette parts. There was a picture of one of my GP's dash bezels on there at one point :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info