Top 10 Cars to Watch at the 2014 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I don't think the gas monkey f40 is going to do anything crazy...

someone buying a car of that level doesn't want a redid one...

I mean this one sold for 1.325 mill at monterey

1990 Ferrari F40 One Owner with Only 473 Original Miles for sale by Mecum Auction

with under 500 miles on it and it wasn't one that got put back together... the article said gas monkey guy turned down 9xx,xxx... which to me wasn't too smart... but I guess we will see.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
ill take the hot wheels setup and im pretty sure the f40 will sell no problems... the people at that auction are car people with money... not some DB Ferrari enthusiasts - if I had multi-millions to spend without batting an eye I would have no problem dropping $1mil on that car - its the only one like it... unlike every other red f40!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
ill take the hot wheels setup and im pretty sure the f40 will sell no problems... the people at that auction are car people with money... not some DB Ferrari enthusiasts - if I had multi-millions to spend without batting an eye I would have no problem dropping $1mil on that car - its the only one like it... unlike every other red f40!

I'm attributing it to a more "resto-modded" car... I don't think the fact that gas monkey supposedly made it "better" will increase the price/value of this car. People buying cars that are that stupid expensive want all original pieces.

It's crazy how much the price of stuff decreases if something is modified on a car.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
If you had multi-millions to spend without batting an eye you would have a problem dropping 1 million on that car, because you are money smart. Buying a black modified Ferrari F40 for 1 million plus is financial suicide.

More millionaires own Toyota Camrys than any other car.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I don't think the gas monkey f40 is going to do anything crazy...

someone buying a car of that level doesn't want a redid one...

I mean this one sold for 1.325 mill at monterey

1990 Ferrari F40 One Owner with Only 473 Original Miles for sale by Mecum Auction

with under 500 miles on it and it wasn't one that got put back together... the article said gas monkey guy turned down 9xx,xxx... which to me wasn't too smart... but I guess we will see.

Just read through this thread real quick... I don't think that F40 will sell

F40 on fast and loud - FerrariChat.com

I'm attributing it to a more "resto-modded" car... I don't think the fact that gas monkey supposedly made it "better" will increase the price/value of this car. People buying cars that are that stupid expensive want all original pieces.

It's crazy how much the price of stuff decreases if something is modified on a car.

Reggie Jackson Buys Gas Monkey's Born-Again Ferrari F40 For $675K

learly, they did a fine job, because the resurrected F40 sold at a Scottsdale Barrett-Jackson this weekend for $675,000. Pretty excellent for any F40, let alone one that just came back from the dead.

good job turning down 900? :ugh:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info