Car won't start

So I have had issues with getting my car to start. At first I thought it was the battery due to the cold temps and it sitting for a few days at a time. Checked that and it is in okay health. I recently purchased a portable jump starter just in case and it has worked fine.

Things to note...
-2001 Mustang GT
-Battery is in good health
-The car came with a remote starter that is aftermarket...(not sure about brand)
-Part of me feels that the remote starter is causing issues...

I took a video and tried to capture what has been happening.

Any suggestions or possible solutions would be great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21tLFJi5188

serb82

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Your remote start either does not have a hood pin or is rusted in the down position that is a reason why it tries to start when the hood is open, your battery is also low on volts, once the remote start unit sees around 10 volts or less it will do bunch of weird things, either lock the doors, siren go off or try to start. The remote start is programmed to run off a tach input ( purple wire going to you injectors) when the remote unit tries to start it will crank until it sees a certain rpm. If there is a little on off switch under your dash it should be just for your remote start feature.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info