Need some snowmobile advice. Paging DaJesus, PANDA, KJ.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
So, I've decided on buying a snowmobile. Nothing super expensive, but, worthwhile. I'm going to put a "rough" budget of $1,000. I'll spend $600 on something nice, I'll spend $1,200 as well... All depends on what I find. I've ridden before, rented a few times as well as used friends, so I'm not "new" to sleds, but, am no expert.

-Thinking 90's and MAYBE early 2000's depending on what I can find.
-I'm not brand loyal persay, but, do tend to own yamaha and polaris machines more often than not.
-440 AT LEAST, would prefer a 600 or better. Fan or Liquid, don't matter.
-Under 4000 miles unless it's had some serious suspension overhaul and isn't sitting on a shit frame.

Here's a few that have rustled my Jimmies.

1996 Polaris Indy 500

Snowmobile: 1998 Polaris XCR 700 triple, Low miles at 3712, fast
(The rustle is strong)

*--500 indy polaris

2-Polaris for sale
(2nd one, the 95 440 for $600)

[MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] [MENTION=45]Handsome Jesus[/MENTION] [MENTION=19]Kay Jay[/MENTION]

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Stang will get modded... But as of now, sitting in the garage ain't doing me any favors for entertainment value... Might I add that starting Jan 3rd I'll be laid off for 6 weeks (happens every year) so I've got a lot of time on my hands... Knowing me, I'll use it for a few local trips and one UP Wisconsin or Michigan trip and be done. If I enjoy it, I'll hold on to it, if not, I'll sell it like I do with everything else lol

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
i dont think a sled is a worth-while investment.

For what they cost to rent, especially with multi-day trips, I'm OK with loosing a few hundred bucks on one over the course of even a single season (planning on keeping longer). You have to understand Jeff, I have close to two months of NOTHING to do :rofl: Although this won't be as cheap as just sitting at my house, it's not an extremely expensive hobby until you start to go nuts... If I can throw this on the trailer and head up to the chain or one of the other trailheads in Wisconsin to kill a day or weekend it's more than worth it lol.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
i understand your position, but i have never been able to justify purchasing one.

Spend a few hundred on an older one (no shit, you can get running sleds if you look hard enough for $200, hell, go find one with a toasted motor and I'll GIVE you a 440 Arctic Cat fan motor I've got in the basement. It's a fun machine to have. We've got a 70's Scorpion at Devo just to fuck around in the industrial park (a lot of grassy areas) and it's a riot. It's not fast, it doesn't turn well, and it's not pretty. But it starts right up, and, I've never seen anyone sadfaced on a snowmobile ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info