My car blows up, faith in humanity restored!

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
I had an issue today and thought I had to burp my system. The car kept overheating despite me burping the system over and over. Later, I took the cap off while the car was near the red zone for temp... I knew it was a bad idea to take off the cap when hot, but I didn't wanna blow up another engine. Soon as I took off that cap, fluid went everywhere and on me. I ended up burning my right forearm, but saving the engine.

So I limped it to the nearest gas station and attempted to burp the system again. By the time I got to the station the car was almost to the H zone again. I shut off the engine as I was pulling in and actually pushed it into a parking space. I went into the station to buy more anti-freeze and also asked if they sold anything to wrap my arm in due to the burn. They did not have anything. I went back to the car to try to fix it again....

Just as I was getting to work a random person came up to with me with gaws, burn lotion and another cloth. He said..

"I heard and saw that you got burned, so I got this for you."

"WOW. Are you sure man?"

"Yup. I have been there before. I know what it's like."

"Thank you so much. Do you want money for this or some gas?"

"Nope. Good luck with the fix."

Unbelievable! Well, as I am waiting for the car to cool down, I posted on Facebook what a f-up I am and someone messaged me asking if I needed help. I met this guy less than a month ago for the Tornado run. I only met him once and he is offering his help to come down. I told him I was okay, but I was wrong.

I drove the car another 2 miles and it overheated again. I contacted him saying I need help and could not fix this. He showed up in his BMW and even brought anti-freeze for me. By the time we topped it off again, he noticed my radiator fan was not working. I unplugged it and connected it again. It worked. We drove to Pep-Boys to get another fuse and he followed me all the way there.

I cannot believe how good everyone has been lately. I was thinking I needed new people in my life because I was mad at nearly everyone. That's why I went on the cruise last month, to meet others and to help others. Well, it came back to me. Random acts of kindness from strangers and people I met from other car meets.

If you aren't happy with the people in your life, find new people. You get what you deserve. Finally, my random acts of helping strangers with their cars came back to me... when I had the knowledge to fix their cars.

Attachments

• Marauder go boom.jpg
    Marauder go boom.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 229
  • Burn!.jpg
    Burn!.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 227

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
Well, dumb move opening the radiator cap while it was hot. Glad you're not more severely burned. (oh, and :mamoru: @ "gaws").

Perhaps it's just the holiday spirit, but it is definitely uplifting to hear about good people doing things like that for you. I hope you take this as an opportunity to make someone else's day in the near future.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info