Eat your heart out Tesla

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I have a new love. I've been casually looking at where I'm going to go next. I finally got the BMW running right and it's just insane but it kind of lacks in comfort. How BMW ever sold the E60 5 series as a luxury car is beyond me. It has the interior of a 3 series and the ride of a sports car. Don't get me wrong; it's an amazing car... It is by far the best overall car I've owned and I'm convinced it's one of the best mass produced driver's cars ever made, 4 door or otherwise. The way this car handles and the ease at which it does it is incredible. But I digress.

I've been considering getting back into a couple year old A8 or a 750i to appease my wife who more or less hates the 535 as much as she hated the 550 as much as she hated the M5 and I'm not going to lie... My car ADD is kicking in. The A8 is my favorite as far as looks, tech and interior go but with 370 hp it's a bit behind in power from the 750 and the 750 can easily stack on another 100hp with a tune.

But earlier this year Audi came out with the 4.0t engine. A twin turbo 4 liter V8. STOCK it's good for a 12.4 1/4 mile and a sub-4 second 0-60. For comparison, the V10 M5 did a 0-60 of 4.1 seconds with the same 1/4 mile time and the current M5 only breaks off a 12.2 second 1/4 mile time and 3.9 second 0-60. Let's say this isn't enough for you... and if you're me, it's probably not. Well, a tune brings you from 420hp to 560 and 580 ft/lbs of torque. That is obscene. You could mop up 95% of what's on the road while your ass is being massaged and your kid is watching Dora the Explorer in the back. These are numbers that are impressive out of a dedicated sports car, let alone a 4600lb limo.

As an added bonus it apparently out-handles the 750 as well. I've been watching videos of this on Youtube and had to share. I knew the car was fast but then I saw what the engine does with a tune and suddenly I found religion all over again and Audi is it's name.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
I just saw an a7 on the road last week it looked kinda cool with the aero back end . Not sure what engine options it has but I think it starts base at $65k ish . Probably the S7 would suit you better . Im guessing they are going for a Porsche panamera look ?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I love the A7... To get that motor you need to get the S7 though which is more expensive and the car is based off the A6 which means it has the A6 interior. Not horrible, just not as nice and if it's a toss up I think I like the more subdued look of the A8 over the A7. Not that I'd kick the A7 out of bed.

I always parallel it to the Panamera as well but the Panamera is a big bitch. The A7 not so much.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Am I crazy, or did some A8s have v10s in them not too long ago?

Yes, the S8 had a Lamborghini derived V10 that they tried to lowering the powerband on so it would have enough balls to move the car out decently from a stop. They failed. 0-60 time of 5 seconds and a high 13 second 1/4 mile.

They have tanked in value second hand as well. Low 30's gets you a fully decked out S8 complete with B&O stereo and awesome little tweeters that pop out of the dash when the car starts.

Video? 0-60 (and beyond)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvIi9iosukY

I thought they had the W8s

Passats got the W8. The A8 got the W12, V10 and V8.

Go to APR's site and see what they run with a tune. It will blow your mind

That's actually what got my jimmies all rustled.

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
Yes, the S8 had a Lamborghini derived V10 that they tried to lowering the powerband on so it would have enough balls to move the car out decently from a stop. They failed. 0-60 time of 5 seconds and a high 13 second 1/4 mile.

They have tanked in value second hand as well. Low 30's gets you a fully decked out S8 complete with B&O stereo and awesome little tweeters that pop out of the dash when the car starts.

Interesting... When I used to do valet parking there was a dude that had an S8. I thought it was freakin sick! Sounded so mean and had that 2 tone interior with carbon fiber accents. The car also had the most sensitive throttle out of any car I've ever driven. Audi engineers prolly did that to make the car "seem peppier" from a dead stop.

Also what else can u get that V8TT in? S5 :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info