Car wash caused misfiring

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
So today I decide my car is filthy so I take it to a no touch car wash near my work. Pay my ten bucks and get the deluxe or whatever it's called. As I am pulling in a huge rush of water is sprayed under the car obviously causing smoke and it shuddered a little. Instantly turn it off when I get to the resting spot for the sprayers. Car starts fine but now under acceleration it sounds like a misfire and shudders pretty bad and it won't idle. I limped it home from work and walked across the street to grab a beer. Will start tearing into it tomorrow.

Anyone else ever deal with this?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Ignition or maybe even 02 sensors getting wet. I had this issue on the 99 camaro SS with Headers when it was lowered. Must have been a crack or defect in them. One bank would get went and start to short causing a super lean reading in the computer making it dump fuel. It sucked.

But prob what everyone else said. I just would get all the hard phantom problems lol

Just read above im stupid

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
Ignition or maybe even 02 sensors getting wet. I had this issue on the 99 camaro SS with Headers when it was lowered. Must have been a crack or defect in them. One bank would get went and start to short causing a super lean reading in the computer making it dump fuel. It sucked.

But prob what everyone else said. I just would get all the hard phantom problems lol

Read above

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info