So you're going to have a kid...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Your wife/ girlfriend/ mistress/ surrogate says the two seater has to go. You need a family sedan but you don't want a Taurus; you want something awesome. You want that little pile of poo in the backseat to grow up knowing what it feels like when the back wheels break free.

I'm not talking about a Ford Taurus or an Impala. I'm talking about straight up performance sedans. Something you can leave the car seat in and still drive with pride.

What do you buy and why? And I swear, this is not a "what should Mike K buy" post though given my history it could absolutely turn into that if someone names something super awesome.

I'll start, and this isn't going to be a surprise to anyone here:

E60 BMW 5 series. There are so many good choices here. The 535 with a tune, the 550 or the M5. All are amazing cars with near 50/50 weight distribution and a chassis that makes even the worst drivers feel like Michael Andretti. The e60 5 is perfectly sized. Larger than the 3 series with a nicer interior and not as much of a pig as the 7.

Leave the car alone and it will drive as docile as any german sedan. Push a few buttons though and the steering get's stiff, the transmission shifts immediately on demand, the engine blips the throttle on downshifts and you can slide the tail end out until you're blue in the face.

If ever there was a car more capable of being both Dr Jekylle and Mr Hyde this is it.

So what's your choice and why?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
2013-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-SRT8-Alpine-Beauty-Right-LA-Done-Small.jpg

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Any 911 from the 993 on up (excluding the 996). It's no four door, but it has useable seats in the back until the kids hit puberty. Also, it's a compromise so if the wife/girlfrien/mistress/whatever is not into compromising it's time to cut ties, keep the 2-seater, and get something else for when you get to see the kid(s).

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I would drive right past the dealership, and head directly to the clinic.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

I honestly would probably buy another Marauder.
Cheap to buy.
Easy to fix.
Easy to mod and beat just about anything on the road with the right mods.
Rare car and not a dime a dozen like everything else.
Plenty of room inside.
Handles very well in stock form. Suspension mods even better.
Rear wheel drive.

Because boosted Marauder.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info