That was quick...LMR C7 runs 9.99

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Man those shifts sound funky. But holy launches batman. It was there, then it was off no drama.

The stall sounds like its just holding the engine at a single RPM point, and just shifting and bringing the engine back to the same RPM. Almost sounds like a CVT thats stuttering.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
tq managment at the shifts maybe?

remember the biggest thing about DI is the ability to directly control cylinder pressure at any point in the compression/power strokes.

i know they can vary Tq output at any rpm by adjusting the injection timing/spark.

generating max cylinder pressure past 30* ATDC and close to 90* atdc can do wonders for tq output.

i do know the nvh side of this is that the injection events are timed to generate a relatively flat cylinder pressure curve past TDC.
for max power id guess the events would be ramped up to keep pressure as high as possible as the chamber size increases and the piston/rod can exert more leverage on the crank.

there's undoubtedly a point of no gain as piston speed increases and pressure drops.

we need DI on a turbo buick

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Man those shifts sound funky. But holy launches batman. It was there, then it was off no drama.

The stall sounds like its just holding the engine at a single RPM point, and just shifting and bringing the engine back to the same RPM. Almost sounds like a CVT thats stuttering.

Exactly what I thought, sounded like a CVT trans haha

Kinda starting to like the looks of the C7s.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
dsdzjpgl.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info