I had no idea... (Mustang content)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
That 2011 GT's are already dipping into the $20,xxx price range...

Any real reason to avoid 11's aside from the Transmission horror stories? (I'd be getting at the very least a power train ESP if I pull the trigger on one)

Those who own 11+ Mustangs, any things to watch for/avoid/etc?

32982911286.353283546.IM1.04.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Wait 6 months and 11-14 values will go down.

I don't see 11's dropping more than a sliver below the 20 mark with the 15's on the horizon. Right now with winter looming I think they aren't going to get much lower, and then with spring, their prices probably won't go back up at all because of the new model year.

I was dead-set on picking up an 08/09 GT vert again, then I noticed that 10 GT verts were in the super low 20 range. Abandoned Vert as a requirement, and 3-4 11' GT's popped up within reasonable distance... As much as I want a convertible, the 5.0 seems to have really proven itself as a stout/capable motor, and don't really see a reason to avoid it. The style has actually grown on me.

Specifically 2 caught my eye,

The one in the pic above, which has 60k on the clock, and is a Premium car, but with no options. (So Leather, Shaker, manual, that's it).

Then there is another which is Black on Black, 40k on the clock, And is a loaded Premium car (GPS, Backup camera, seat accents, Projectors).

Both are priced the same, BUT the second car has an accident with a guard rail back in early 2012 (Car has a Saleen grill and someone painted the front calipers), but Carfax indicates it as 'minor', and said no airbag deployment... but obviously that makes me leery. I'm a cheap ass, but I don't think I'd take the gamble on a repaired car (even if it looks perfect), even with all the extra content and fewer miles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info